The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of Dragados, VINCI, and Flatiron has been selected to construct the $3.3bn Design Build project –the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT). The project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45’ diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
- Supervise all crew members, including a minimum of two direct employees, and subcontracted employees affiliated with the respected segment.
- Oversee daily assignments of crews, including scheduling, assignments, attendance, etc.
- Monitor work progress or crew, and certify team hours for on-site payroll.
- Delegate tasks and accountabilities, and instructs, leads, supervises and directs crew.
- Directly involved with the hiring, orientation, training, coaching, performance management and employment decisions related to the crew members (e.g. promotions, transfers, separations, etc.)
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Supervise the crew’s use of machinery and equipment, and ensures adequate resources are available.
- Assist the Superintendent in preparing reports pertaining to work progress and safety
- Any other duties as assigned by the Superintendent or Management Team
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass drug screen.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a construction supervisory role
- Thorough knowledge and working experience of DOT standards and regulations
- Able to communicate effectively with workers and subcontractors
- Able to work overtime and be flexible with hours (day/night)
- A valid driver’s License
- Strongly prefer candidates with High School Diploma
- Must be able to communicate with others to convey information effectively.
- Must be accustomed to working outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms, legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
- Must demonstrate attention to details
- Must be knowledgeable of safety procedures and practices
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Comprehensive compensation package
- Health Insurance/Dental Insurance/Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; employment in this job is an “at will” employment relationship.
HRCP and affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer