Broadcast Graphics Operator
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a Broadcast Graphics Operator for our Broadcast Operations Team at our Headquarters office in Springfield, VA.
The Broadcast Graphics Operator uses MBN’s VizRT graphics system to effectively contribute to live and pre-recorded programs; operating VizRT to add text and graphics to live and recorded programs. The incumbent will also operate ENPS newsroom component to access run-downs.
The Broadcast Graphics Operator will ensure graphics quality; check graphic content/spelling for accuracy prior to air.
Candidates are required to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Communications or equivalent professional experience in a graphics or media production related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working within a live broadcast studio environment with at least 2 years focused on studio graphics
- Proficiency in Arabic language (ability to read, write and understand)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work flow
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Punctual and flexible
- Ability to navigate effectively in a live control room environment
- Strong and fast typing skills
- Knowledge of all roles involved in a studio program
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of international news & current affairs preferred
- Ability to communicate quickly and effectively
- Knowledgeable in the use of ancillary control room systems necessary to execute a program (i.e. intercom, router etc.)
MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN’s mission is to expand the spectrum of ideas, opinions, and perspectives available in the media of the Middle East and North Africa; provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information; and, accurately represent America, Americans, and American policies. Through its multimedia broadcasts, MBN seeks to inform, engage, and connect with the regions’ people in support of universal freedoms.
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.