Under general supervision, this position provides multiple levels of maintenance, technical support and repair to the broadcast operations facility. Supports a combination of on-site and off-site facilities, remote broadcasts, digital transmission paths and RF systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and repairs daily routine and emergency problems with broadcast equipment as they relate to transmission levels, signal losses, off-air interference and equipment failures Installs complex broadcast systems and equipment according to specifications and standards.
- Performs regularly schedule preventive technical maintenance in broadcast studios.
- Maintains program continuity for multiple audio channels.
- Performs regular tests to ensure optimum performance.
- Performs routine balancing, aligning, sweeping and adjustment of components and equipment used to amplify and process signals.
- Anticipates and prevents, to the extent possible, problems and outages prior to their occurrence.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
- Associate's degree or higher in Electronics, Broadcast Technology or related course of study.
- At least 1-3 years experience maintaining and installing broadcast equipment or other multimedia computer based systems.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
- Must be able to work all shifts required in a 24/7 operation in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with the following:
- Understanding of broadcast electronics.
- General Knowledge of IT infrastructure including data switches, routers, KVM.
- provided by Dice
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance