Operate the Click Effects Video and/or Blaze Graphics computer as directed by the Event Producer/Director. Assist in the execution of the event script, as assigned, assuring all event elements and corporate sponsorship obligations are fulfilled while enhancing the overall live sporting event atmosphere. Employees must be able to work on evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
Great opportunity to work in the entertainment industry! The H-E-B Center at Cedar Park delivers fun, family entertainment including sports, concerts and family shows among other events, bringing energy, excitement, and new business to the Cedar Park, Austin and Central Texas area. H-E-B Center is home to the Texas Stars, AHL team of the Dallas Stars, and the Austin Spurs, NBA Development League team of the San Antonio Spurs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Operate video/graphics machine as directed by Event Producer/Technical Director
* Stay up to date with current sponsors and upcoming events
* Consistently familiarize yourself with software, content, content organization and event graphic implementation
* Assist department in maintaining high level of event production
* Assist in post-game strike and equipment shutdown
* Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The employee should also have the following qualifications:
* High School education or the equivalent
* 2 years broadcast/video production experience (live sporting event experience preferred)
* Approaches others in a tactful manner
* Adapts to changes in the work environment
* Is consistently at work on time
Other Skills and Abilities:
* Must be customer-service oriented, have a fan-friendly attitude and professional appearance at all times
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as event scripts
* Ability to speak effectively to customers and other employees
* Excellent written, typing and oral communication skills
* Tech savvy with strong ability to think and act fast and multi-tasks
* Position requires the ability to effectively run the Click Effects video program as designed including the ability to, talk, and hear and see clearly.
* Position requires the ability to sit up to five hours without a break
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, during events the noise level may be loud
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The company reserves the right to change or modify all job descriptions as needed. This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled