Broadshore Capital Partners is a nationwide real estate investment management firm with a 28-year history.
Headquartered in Los Angeles and formerly known as Lowe Enterprises Investors, Broadshore manages approximately $2 billion in assets with a number of institutional clients including prominent pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, endowments, and high net worth individuals.
In January 2020, Broadshore strategically expanded its real estate credit business with the addition of Donald D. Sheets as Managing Director and Portfolio Manager to lead a special situations debt strategy based in New York and focused on the acquisition and resolution of performing, sub-performing, and non-performing commercial real estate mortgage debt acquired from banks, insurance companies, government agencies, and special servicers.
Broadshore seeks to hire an Analyst/Senior Analyst to assist in the pursuit, portfolio management, and resolution of commercial real estate-related special situation and non-traditional debt investment opportunities. The position affords exposure to multiple facets of the investment process and meaningful work across multiple geographies and all major property types.
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Involvement with multiple aspects of the portfolio, both in terms of new investments and resolutions of acquired positions.
- Engage in the full life cycle of the investment process from sourcing through exit, inclusive of underwriting, diligence, financing, workouts, reporting, repositioning, and sale.
- Support special projects, including innovative financing structures and non-traditional transaction opportunities.
- Contribute to the ongoing monitoring and analysis of the portfolio’s performance.
- Develop and implement reporting processes for Broadshore’s investments.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of investment memoranda to Broadshore’s investment committee and portfolio management personnel.
- Assist in the preparation and development of materials for capital formation and coordinate with peers within Broadshore’s fundraising team.
- Operate in a team-oriented environment to help drive the performance of the portfolio.
- Liaise frequently with peers within both the special situations team and the overall Broadshore platform.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyze and price new investment opportunities.
- Build and refine proprietary models (utilizing Excel and ARGUS) for underwriting of prospective transactions and ongoing portfolio management of acquired investments.
- Assist with the preparation of investment memoranda and periodic investment management reporting materials.
- Monitor the portfolio with a variety of investment management analyses.
- Administer multiple tracking tools and deliverables.
- Review proposed leases, operating and capital budgets, and other property-specific matters and summarize findings for senior-management approval.
- Summarize conclusions generated from financial and situational analysis.
- Liaise with internal staff to support Broadshore’s investments.
- Conduct macroeconomic research and assist in writing proprietary presentations.
- Conduct reconnaissance of local market conditions for assessment of collateral exposure.
- Assist with efforts to enhance infrastructure and systems.
- Relevant experience of 6 to 36 months (either full-time or formal internship) in a real estate finance capacity (either debt or equity).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strategic thinker, coupled with the ability to dive into the details.
- Strong financial acumen; technically and quantitatively adept.
- Ability to serve internal and external constituents in a fast-paced and nimble environment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the motivation to play a critical role in the growth of a platform, within an established organization. Demonstrate a collaborative approach to building a business.
- Proactive and self-motivated. Strong work ethic, integrity and commitment to meet deadlines and complete projects with minimal supervision are essential candidate attributes.
- Exceptional capability in managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- High level of engagement and ability to put in the hard work necessary to be a part of building a business within a business.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with a direct and open communication style.
- Exceptional capability in ARGUS and Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
Executing for Results
- The inclination to seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions and to align others with the organization's overall strategy.
- The ability to set clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance and tenacious and accountable in driving results.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; ability to adapt nimbly and be led through complex situations.
- The ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always considering what is best for the organization.
- The ability to persevere in the face of challenges and exhibit a steadfast resolve and relentless commitment to higher standards, which commands respect from others.
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries within the industry.
- Naturally connect and build strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- An ability to inspire trust through compelling influence, powerful charisma, passion in his/her beliefs, and active drive.
- Encourage others to share the spotlight and visibly celebrate and support the success of the team.
All our employees are working remotely (work from home) until July. Once our offices reopen, this role can be based either in our New York or Los Angeles offices.