Ryan Transportation, a Shamrock brand, is a third-party logistics company specializing in freight brokerage services and managed transportation. For more than 30 years, Ryan Transportation has helped companies throughout North America take control of their shipping and improve their supply chains.
Shamrock Trading Corporation is the parent company for a family of brands in transportation services, finance and technology. Headquartered in Overland Park, KS, Shamrock has been named “Best Places to Work” by the Kansas City Business Journal every year since 2015. We also have offices in Chicago, Dallas, Laredo, Midland and Nashville.
Ryan Transportation and Shamrock Trading Corporation are looking for a Brokerage Accountant. This position is responsible for working directly with customers, carriers and brokers to answer questions, address issues and solve problems. The Brokerage Accountant will focus on using company resources, including software and technology, to provide client solutions and drive internal efficiencies. An ideal candidate will be self-driven, outgoing and ambitious.
- Find ways to use company software and technology to provide client solutions and develop internal efficiencies
- Learn company operations for the brand and various internal departments
- Perform billing, payables and collections on business accounts as needed
- Communicate with carriers to get necessary paperwork in a timely fashion
- Ensure the effectiveness of current internal controls for financial reporting
- Internal and external (customer) reporting and general ledger tasks, including month-end
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or 2+ years of experience in administration or billing
- Proven ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
At Shamrock we hire bright, ambitious people and give them the tools they need to be successful. By investing in training and development, we hope to become a long-term career for employees, where there are always opportunities for advancement. Shamrock also offers a premier set of benefits for employees and their families:
- Medical: Fully-paid healthcare, dental and vision premiums for employees and eligible dependents
- Financial: Generous company 401(k) contributions and employee stock ownership after one year
- Wellness: Onsite gym, jogging trail and discounted membership to nearby fitness center
- Work-Life Balance: Competitive PTO and paid leave options