Location: Portland, OR
Duration: 1+ year
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, has a Business Systems Analyst opportunity with a nationwide manufacturing company. This long-term contract position is a great opportunity to join a team long term that values continued education and career growth. This opportunity can also offer: technical training, training for certifications, corporate discounts, health benefits, 401K match, and more!
If interested in this opportunity or any other roles with Apex Systems, please contact us at 503-293-2900.
Responsibilities of BSA:
- Demonstrate expertise in BSA job techniques and best practices.
- Lead, mentor and train a BSA team on formal requirement specification deliverables and processes.
- Gather, clarify and document requirements for moderate to large software development projects.
- Demonstrate multiple experiences writing detailed functional and technical specifications, including business requirements, use cases/user stories, UI screen mockups, with traceability among these deliverables.
- Actively work with customers to analyze business needs, facilitate requirements gathering meetings and document outcomes.
- Perform As-Is business process analysis and develop To-Be processes.
- Provide structured work estimates for analysis activities.
- Closely interact with architects and developers throughout analysis, implementation and testing.
- Support software testers in test planning and execution.
- Perform technical consulting and user training when necessary.
- Plan and facilitate User Acceptance Testing.
- Troubleshoot application issues and propose resolutions.
- Understand IT processes, general SDLC principles and work within organizational guidelines.
Qualifications of BSA:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of progressively responsible systems analysis experience or equivalent work experience.
- Proven ability to lead efforts in implementing business analyst best practices.
- Extensive experience in analyzing and documenting business and system processes and producing exemplary requirements analysis deliverables.
- Skill in writing basic to intermediate SQL queries and understanding complex data relationships.
- Familiarity with IT trouble ticket systems and processes.
- Ability to work onsite in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers, understand their business practices and manage their expectations.
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and pros/cons of industry standard methodologies.
- Familiarity with software testing processes and best practices.
- Industry recognized business analyst certification such as CBAP® or PMI-PBA?.
- Experience in agile environment as product owner or similar role.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178