For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi - specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E - visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Social workers are responsible for providing social work services to patients and families. They function as a member of the departmental team which includes educating the patient, family and members of the healthcare team regarding benefits, community resources, referrals for counseling and other pertinent information. Social workers are also responsible for triaging referrals and collaborating on cases with other members of the healthcare delivery team. In addition, social workers must be able to assist the patient in a sensitive and supportive manner, while acting as an advocate on behalf of the patient.
Must be willing to work at 2 SWM clinic locations within Las Vegas area
- Assess patient and family psychosocial needs and develop plan of care in concert with patient, physicians, nurses and other members of the departmental team
- Link patients / family to appropriate community resources including but not limited to, information and referral to sources of financial assistance, transportation, support groups, and other community services
- Document patient / family status, diagnosis, treatment plan, goals, interventions, evaluation results, observations and progress in medical record
- Serve as patient advocate and liaison with physicians, families, insurance company, community agencies and others as needed to ensure continuity of care
- Provide discharge planning based on meeting identified goals of the treatment plan
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You’llbe rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that willchallenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in yourrole as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed Bachelors prepared Social Worker (LSW)
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted in the State of Nevada
- 1+ years social work experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain community resource database
- Basic computer skills to include Word, Excel, Windows based applications
- Proficiency utilizing and charting in electronic medical records
- Previous experience in a hospital or medical setting
- Case management experience
- Experience in managed care
- A working knowledge of the following; social work theory / practice, ability to utilize a variety of diagnostic tools / techniques including DSM V State and community based programs, including rules and regulations applicable to these programs
- Advanced directives, POLST and legal regulations, including but not limited to reporting of abuse
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: LCSW, LMSW, Acute Care, Hospital, discharge planning, adult medicine, clinic, primary care, Emergency Room, ER, ED, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, medical, managed care, health insurance, Las Vegas, Nevada, NV, Southwest Medical, UHC, UHG