We blend deep domain expertise in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management with advanced technologies to help Federal agencies solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to cultivate a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
Duties & Responsibilities
MSC is searching for a Budget Analyst to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Provide technical support for budget analysis, formulation, execution and monitoring for an assigned group of Laboratories.
- Prepare budgets for an assigned group of laboratories.
- Create, update, edit and track agreements.
- Track non-appropriated funds, Gift Funds, CRADAs, Royalties.
- Track and monitor training budgets of employees.
- Process and track agreements with various labs within and around the Institute and NIH.
- Use Beacon Finance software to track and monitor funds and obligations and enter allocations for Lab CANs.
- Track status of agreements and other non-appropriated funds.
- Provide assistance in preparing for budget meetings.
- Handle and resolve complex or unusual problems and emergency situations that arise in the daily operations of the office.
- Input information and update status of actions in various databases.
- Assist and communicate with the Institute Budget Office on budget allocation, year-end, close, and spend projections.
- Prepare financial reports and summary on Gift Funds and CRADAs.
- Exercise sound judgment in the safeguarding of files containing confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree Finance, Accounting or a related field is required.
- Minimum four (4) years of related experience including federal budget tracking.
- Experience using Beacon Finance a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite.
Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.