This position is primarily responsible for assisting Builder or Builder Senior with all on site activity to complete homes on time and within budget.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Studies specifications to plan on basis of starting and completion times and staffing for each phase of construction.
- Assists in the coordination all on site construction with Builder supervision including daily interaction with Division departments and city inspectors.
- Inspecting work quality and completeness and ensuring prompt and accurate submission of invoices.
- Conducts daily physical inspection of each house to determine progress and to ensure staff and subcontractors comply with Company safety and quality control standards as well as any agency standards; oversees completion of walk through items.
- Ensures staff and subcontractors follow Company and Division construction, quality control and safety methods and procedures; resolves complaints and grievances within work force; resolves customer problems.
- Assists Builder in adjusting personnel and equipment resources as needed to resolve construction problems and to avoid delays.
- Ensures systems are up to date for each house so they can provide timely and accurate progress reports.
- Assists Builder with on-site trailer area, all under construction home sites, completed unsold home sites, vacant lots and community as a whole, such that all are kept clean and marketable at all times.
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisor.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in construction related field/equivalent experience preferred.
- Three to five years of practical construction experience with portion of experience accumulated as subcontractor, but strong track record managing large projects as Builder must be shown.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to recognize and resolve problems.
- Organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Possess good judgement and common sense.
- Certified in first aid and CPR preferred.
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of local codes and construction methods, construction material identification and use.
- Knowledge of all phases of new home construction and Federal, State and Company safety regulations; ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Knowledge of job site safety.
- May have occasion to lift/carry and/or push/pull 50 pounds.
- May require travel to multiple construction sites where temperature, weather and noise may vary; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee's job duties may change at any time, in the company's sole discretion.