Our company’s mission is to be America’s leading private homebuilder. We are focused on delivering to our customers the home and features that they uniquely desire with the craftsmanship, durability and a long standing reputation that's uniquely Drees.
Drees Homes, family-owned and operated for over 90 years, is ranked as the twenty-ninth largest home builder in the country by BUILDER media brand as well as the thirteenth largest privately-owned home builder in the country.
Drees has been recognized with many prestigious industry honors, including the home building industry’s equivalent of the Triple Crown, winning all three major industry awards: America's Best Builder, National Housing Quality Award and National Builder of the Year.
Headquartered in Ft. Mitchell, Kentucky, Drees operates in Northern Kentucky; Cincinnati and Cleveland, OH; Indianapolis, IN; Jacksonville, FL; Nashville, TN; Raleigh, NC; Washington D.C./Maryland/Virginia ; Austin, Houston, and Dallas, TX. The company operates as “Drees Custom Homes” in Texas.
BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH DREES HOMES!
BUILDER TRAINEE OPPORTUNITY
If you’re interested in building a career with an established leader in the homebuilding industry, this could be the opportunity you've been looking for. We are seeking candidates for the position of Builder Trainee for our Dallas residential operations.
As a Builder Trainee, you will learn and grow as you assist an experienced Builder on the job in communities of high volume or in multiple communities/locations all while being part of a structured training program.
The Builder Trainee Program is designed to train, prepare and develop Trainees for future Builder positions with Drees Homes. Builder Trainees will be to exposed to every facet of the construction process from customer plan signing through the first year's warranty program. Training will be in the form of shadowing, classroom and on the job training through a formalized program consisting of 9 modules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the progress and quality of all jobs under construction
- Set and maintain high standards of performance by subcontractors and suppliers
- Control costs by managing material usage
- Be proactive in answering customer questions about the building process
- Take an active part in subdivision and model maintenance
- Comply with OSHA regulations and other safety requirements
- Create framing, mechanical and insulation punch lists
- Utilize internal software/systems to show progress of job completion
- Other duties as necessary
Knowledge and Skills:
- The ability to assist with scheduling, cost control and quality control
- A self-motivated individual with a high energy level as well as a positive attitude
- The ability to hold subcontractors accountable for their work
- Strong work ethic, eager to learn and customer focused
- An individual who is dependable, detail oriented and open to change
- Excellent organizational skills
- Verbal and written communication proficiencies with internal and external customers
- 2 or 4 year degree in Construction Management or a related field preferred
- Construction related experience (This could be through an internship, short term position while in school, etc).
- Basic computer skills, experience using an iPad is ideal
Join the Drees team and be a part of making homeowners dreams come true.
The schedule of this position is typically Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM, plus additional hours as necessary.
We offer a competitive salary as well as benefits package including profit sharing and 401(k) plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free Work Place
To learn more about Drees Homes, please visit our website – www.dreeshomes.com.