NIKA is hiring for a Building Controls Specialist who will apply knowledge of direct digital controls and building management systems to support the Facilities Management Department at the Naval Medical Center San Diego hospital buildings and outlying medical/dental clinics in the greater San Diego Area. The primary focus of this role is to serve as a building controls system administrator and provide quality assurance oversight on facility repairs related to the building controls systems. The candidate must possess experience and strong skills using Johnson Control’s Metasys ® Building Automation Software.
Named a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to design, build and manage real property by combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture all under one roof.
At NIKA, you’ll be excited to come to work each day. This position comes with a competitive salary package that includes health/dental insurance, 401(k), bonus programs, and many other perks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, monitor, & troubleshoot BMS control points and sequence of operations to function and be programmed as designed
- Run and diagnose routine reports to evaluate system operations and response times for alarmed conditions/trouble tickets
- Functional testing of BACnet and N2 protocol devices such as VMA’s, NIE’s, NAE’s, FEC’s and NCM’s
- Quality control review of controls shop drawings, product submittals, as-builts documentation and system changes proposed by other controls contractors
- Collaborate with engineers and project managers in field inspections, testing, commissioning and acceptance of HVAC controls systems
- Initiate outsourced repairs and provide quality assurance oversight to ensure they are complete
Job Requirements and Essential Skills:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
- 3+ years of experience in servicing electronic and/or mechanical systems
- Experience writing computer programs and working with software applications related to HVAC systems
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, working above ceilings, and walking on rooftops for the purposes of the inspecting and verifying building controls installations
NIKA delivers comprehensive services and solutions to support the full life cycle of facilities. For more than two decades, the Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies, as well as commercial and higher education institutions, have trusted NIKA to design, build, operate, and manage their real property. By combining facilities operations management, engineering, and architecture services, we provide value and expertise for complex and mission critical facilities. Headquartered in Rockville, MD with offices in San Antonio, TX, NIKA helps clients enhance operational excellence in locations around the globe.
NIKA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.