**** Valid Universal CFC License and City of Denver Refrigeration Operator certificate or City of Denver Boiler Operator certificate required; City and County of Denver Stationary Engineer Certificate or City and County of Denver Journeyman HVAC Certificate preferred ****
Installation and maintenance of mechanical and HVAC infrastructure and equipment, plumbing, and facility finishes, and provision of client utility services in adherence with safety requirements/codes
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain and repair mechanical, plumbing, HVAC equipment and apparatus, and facility finishes in the facilities
- Provide client utility services including, compressed air, water, and drains
- Operate the HVAC and energy management computer systems of the facilities
- Prepare working sketches from blueprints and schematics
- Maintain condition of HVAC and mechanical infrastructure in accordance with safety/code requirements
- Resolve normal technical field problems
- Report inventory of all engineering equipment and supplies
- Make recommendations to Chief Building Engineer with regards to equipment and materials needed
- Stand shift as Stationary Engineer
- Participate in maintaining a safe working environment
- Minor repairs necessary for building operation efficiency
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid Universal CFC License and City of Denver RefrigerationOperator certificate or City of Denver Boiler Operator certificate required; City and County of Denver Stationary Engineer Certificate or City and County of Denver Journeyman HVAC Certificate preferred
- Two to four years’ experience in a facility engineer position, required
- Experience with computer-based operating and energy management systems, required
- Demonstrate excellent communication (verbal and written) and inter-personal skills among all levels of staff and clientele, required
- Work effectively with diverse groups of people among all levels within an organization; skill to work effectively as part of a team, required
- Perform leadership role and job tasks effectively despite sudden deadlines and changing priorities, required
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills, required
- Provide customer service in a professional considerate manner, required
- Excellent record of dependability and reliability, required
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED, some college coursework preferred
- Valid Class C Colorado Driver License preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position may require certifications by law and/or job assignment. Position requires frequent walking, climbing stairs, standing on cement floors, turning, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, pushing and pulling; heavy lifting, up to 75lbs; may be subject to adverse working conditions; dust, grime, noise, fumes, wet floors etc., including weather; may require use of an electric cart; may require tools and equipment operation that could cause personal harm or injury, if improperly handled; requires irregular and/or extended hours, including weekends, evening, and holidays, determined by event schedule and/or department need; requires radio usage – 2 way hand held.
The essential responsibilities of each position are described under the headings in the job description and may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation, or other reasons. The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Applicants who need reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact 303-228-8000.
Colorado Convention Center/SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Closing Date: December 21, 2018