U.S. Facilities, Inc., a consolidated facility management service, is seeking a Building Engineer to work in a high security system environment.
The successful candidate with minimal supervision, performs preventive, corrective and general maintenance and repairs. Receives and responds to service calls, takes immediate action to resolve emergency situations or system breakdowns; routine and preventive maintenance.
Responsible for operation, replacement and maintenance of all of the buildings systems to include but not limited to: boilers, chillers, energy management systems, domestic hot and cold water systems, sanitary drainage systems, pumps, fixtures (standard and security styles), handling units, pumps, heat exchangers, expansion joints, electrical system, and other building mechanical systems and all associated equipment. May direct and coordinate activities of other mechanics in performing tasks directly related to operating and maintaining the building equipment and systems. Serves as backup for Stationary Engineer(s).
- Maintain mechanical and electrical systems and equipment to include chillers, HVAC equipment and heat exchangers. * Clean and prepare equipment for inspection; make periodic inspection of all mechanical and electrical equipment and systems as established by the facility operational procedures; repair or replace broken or worn machinery parts. * Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on equipment and assist in developing, reviewing, and implementing comprehensive preventive maintenance procedures. * Must comply with work order system to include interpreting work orders, performing work requested and completing work orders per instruction. * Adjust equipment and systems with a view toward conserving energy. * Maintain operating logs on all equipment; record and report all faults, deficiencies and other unusual occurrences. * Respond to emergency situations as directed to trace, troubleshoot and make repairs. * Perform all duties in a safe manner, follow all safety procedures and maintain a clean work area. * Assist in the development of work job hazard assessments. * Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards. * Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment. * Willingly perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as requested. * Must be able to perform all physical aspect of the job including but not limited to bending, lifting, reaching, and pulling of heavy mechanical equipment.
- HVAC Skills including RTUs, CRAC units, HVAC BAS;
- Electrical system maintenance and testing including generators;
- Fire Alarm/sprinkler systems;
- Good customer service skills working with building occupants and service providers
- Maryland First Grade Engineers License Required
- Universal CFC License Required
- Strong Trouble Shooting ability
- Able to obtain a Security Clearance
- Must be willing and able to pass a drug test
- Computer and analytical skills required
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and have ability to pay attention to detail and focus on accuracy.
- Ability to work with skilled laborers, office leadership, and clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.