Avison Young is currently seeking a 3rd Shift Building Engineer to perform complex mechanical duties on HVAC equipment and building systems for uptime. Shift requires 80 hours per 14 days, with every other weekend on/off. Performs troubleshooting and problem solving to maintain building electrical and HVAC systems.
- Assists with change control process that governs all work in the critical environments and infrastructure that supports critical environments.
- Completes all training for operational, safety, work management and other related areas.
- Responsible for but not limited to; operating, inspecting, and maintaining all HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment, fire life safety equipment and systems in assigned facilities. Repair and maintenance of all base building and critical system machinery and equipment.
- Assures that equipment is maintained in an energy efficient and safe manner.
- Utilizes work order ticketing system to reduce client equipment down time to a minimum by implementing and performing structured preventive, predictive equipment maintenance.
- Performs inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, lighting, etc.
- Manages the subcontractor resources required to support bulding operation and maintenance.
- Other miscellaneous duties, as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent experience. Preferred HVAC Certified Degree with an accredited college or technical college.
- Strong HVAC background – Preferred two years of schooling or 5 years’ experience with chillers, cooling towers, CRAC systems, heat pumps, VAVs, pumping systems, fluid filtering, water treatment and control systems.
- Experience with - Emergency backup systems – Including generators, transfer switches, UPSs, PDUs and Static switches.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and procedures in English.
- Ability to work in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver's license
- Independent thinker and worker.
Our Equal Opportunity Commitment
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices.