EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Building Engineer
Responsible for Operation, Replacement, Repair and Maintenance of building related mechanical, electrical, control systems, plumbing, air handling units, pumps, heat exchangers, expansion joints, and other building mechanical systems. Work involves the lifting of heavy mechanical equipment and apparatus, and may be performed in areas of extreme heat, cold, and/or noise. Receives and responds to service calls, takes immediate action to resolve emergency situations or system breakdowns. Ensure all preventive maintenance is completed and necessary repair are always made. Ensures that work area/plant is always clean, safe, and that managed/generated utilities meet delivery specifications. Oversees assigned utility mechanics and contractors, routine and preventive maintenance work to ensure work is performed appropriately and in a safe manner. Communicates with EMCOR and Customer operations management teams, tenants/utility system end users, and Business Unit Stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operation, replacement, repair, and maintenance of all related mechanical, electrical, control systems, air handling units, pumps, motors, heat exchangers, and expansion joints. Perform/direct all Preventive Maintenance Work orders from PM Calendar
- Operation, replacement, repair, and maintenance of all related mechanical, electrical, control systems, air handling units, pumps, motors, heat exchangers, and expansion joints
- Install electrical circuits
- Reads and interprets Piping & Instrument Drawings (P&IDs), Floor Plans, Site Maps and/or Electrical Diagrams
- Repair all restroom fixtures, sweat/braze copper pipe, thread black pipe
- Drain & "safe off" systems to facilitate repairs.
- Perform minor carpentry tasks, replace ceiling tiles, repair or replace door hardware, locks, panic bars etc.
- Perform minor electrical tasks to include bulb and ballast replacement
- Clean coils in air handling units and convectors to maintain optimum heat exchange
- Assemble, install, repair, and maintain chilled and hot water systems
- Routine operation and inspection of emergency generator and associated components
- Routine and preventive maintenance duties including filter changes, lubrication, control and performance check. Replace bearings, motors, and dampers
- Inspect mechanical, electrical systems, trace electrical circuits, operate switchgear, record inspections, and write reports to Supervisors
- Perform scheduled rounds and readings on plant systems/assets
- Perform any additional duties on an as "required" basis where such duties are within the scope of contractual obligations
- Communicates with EMCOR and Customer facility operations management teams, tenants/utility system end users, and Business Unit Stakeholders.
- Operate, Monitor, Adjust, Maintain Building Automation Systems
- Maintain CMMS system and Log books
- Oversee work performed by outside contractors on the building
- Requisition necessary material to complete required repairs
- Oversee applicable administrative duties...Payroll, HR, etc.
- HS Diploma or greater
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in the operation of central plant equipment, HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and/or electronic systems.
- 5+ years experience in Class A Office
- Required Mechanical Trades or Trade School certification in location applicable disciplines i.e. HVAC, Electrical, Hydraulics, Plumbing, Automation/Controls
- Required Universal Certification
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English required
- Journeyman level craftsman in HVAC, Electrical, Hydraulics, Plumbing, or Automation/Controls disciplines
- Reads and interprets Piping & Instrument Drawings (P&IDs), Floor Plans, Site Maps and/or Electrical Diagrams.
- Experience & proven ability to repair building electrical, plumbing, & HVAC auxiliary systems
- Experience & proven ability to safely secure hydronic and electrical systems for maintenance
- Experience & proven ability to Braze/Solder copper pie, thread black pipe
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Strong knowledge of operation of building auxiliary systems i.e. fire-life safety, stand by emergency generators
- Familiarity of general building systems i.e. vertical lift equipment, overhead doors.
- Ability to write, execute written and oral instructions and perform arithmetic calculations.
- Strong knowledge of safe work practices and procedures typical for maintenance operations
- Ability to safely wear a respirator, climb ladders, enter confined spaces, lift heavy objects and perform other physically demanding tasks
- Safely and skillfully use all types of related hand and power tools
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer