Building Envelope Engineer/Architect
Summit Design and Engineering Services, PLLC, has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Building Envelope Engineer or Architect to develop and expand relationships with new and existing clients to start up a new service within the Company. This role will perform business development as well as production services. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter and who can generate new business for Summit.
- Create and implement strategic plans to generate business opportunities, which result in achieved revenue objectives.
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, conferences and presentations.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events. Develop strategies for involvement in professional societies or organizations.
- Provide building envelope and facilities consulting for external clients and internal Departments
- Manage Building Envelope project development from pre-design through completion
- Report and proposal preparation and review
- Perform pre-construction, during-construction, and post-construction property condition assessments
- Collect and analyze field data of existing conditions, complete engineering calculations to determine design parameters and determine the best solutions to resolve existing problems within budget limitations.
- Perform specialized testing, forensic investigations, and other facilities-related services.
- Design of repairs to existing building envelope components including roofs, curtain walls, masonry, EIFS, fireproofing and fire stopping, and pre-cast concrete
- Develop design drawings, such as plans, sections, elevations and models using Revit or AutoCAD.
- Provide Construction Administration services for various Building Envelope projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA or BS in Engineering, Architecture, Building Science, or related.
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect (RA) license required. Registered Roofing Consultant (RRC) Preferred
- Minimum eight years of related experience.
- Possess working knowledge of materials and installation processes used in roofing, wall, waterproofing and other envelope assemblies.
- Must have construction knowledge and be able to communicate with architects, engineers, and construction managers as well as other consultants and clients.
- Understanding of drawing conventions, file organization, external references and technical accuracy
- Demonstrated knowledge of architectural design, detailing, building materials, building codes, construction techniques, and costs.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Ability to operate equipment used in assessments and investigations, including an infrared camera, electrical capacitance meters, water testing units, etc.
- Strong engineering judgement.
- Ability to develop solutions to technical challenges.
- Highly motivated with a commitment to design excellence.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as on teams.
- Must have the ability to bend, stoop, kneel and twist, use hands to grasp and arms to reach, to raise hands above head, to sit, climb and balance and to work in confined spaces and heights.
- Must be able to lift up-to 50 pounds, on occasion.
- Must have adequate vision to perform tasks and ability to work outside in various types of weather conditions.
- Valid Driver's license with good driving record and ability to drive.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Operating as Summit since 2004, we are a compact engineering and design firm structured to adapt quickly and offer clients the most current technology, innovative design solutions and comprehensive project management for turn-key delivery. We know that one size rarely fits all. That's why we look at the individual needs of every project and match it with our proven technical expertise and experience. We are headquartered in Hillsborough, North Carolina, with offices in Raleigh, Asheville, Fayetteville, Pittsboro, Indian Trail, and Wilmington.Summit also has offices in Richmond, Franklinand South Boston, Virginia. For the past six years we have been named one of the fastest growing companies in the Research Triangle area. TalentDesk has named us one of the best companies to work for in 2019.
Why Work for Summit?
We foster a caring and collaborative work environment that also encourages commitment to the communities that we serve, our employees and clients will succeed together. We strive to be integral to the success of the communities we build. We maintain a close-knit team culture where we measure our success by the success of our people and clients. We can help you take your career to the next level!
Criminal and driving background will be performed and must be in good standing. Summit Design and Engineering is an Equal opportunity employer/affirmative action. E-verify