CAA is currently accepting resumes for a three-quarter time Building Inspector for the North of the Denver Metro area in Colorado
Responsibilities include conducting field inspections of private and public construction projects', structural, plumbing, mechanical and/or electrical installations, to ensure compliance with applicable codes, standards and regulations. Issue notices to comply on violations; maintain records of history of facts for possible legal actions. Maintain files and reports regarding inspection and plan check activities and findings. Additionally, candidates must be experienced with plan check and will be expected to assist at the counter.
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience in structural building inspection and/or residential combination inspection with additional experience in any of the following areas: electrical, plumbing, mechanical installations and/or inspections; grading and right-of-way construction and/or inspection, working as a lead worker, or in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
- Building-related national building codes.
- General zoning and land use laws.
- General grading practices.
- Codes and ordinances related to disabled and public access.
- Principles and techniques of building inspection.
- Principles of structural design and engineering mathematics.
- Major types of building construction, materials, and methods
- Accepted safety standards and methods of building construction for commercial and residential buildings.
- Pertinent federal state and local laws, codes and regulations.
ICC Commercial and Residential Building Inspector Certifications preferred. Candidates with a valid Colorado Electrical License are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Events
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days