HR Green is a professional services firm with over 100 years of history offering planning, engineering, technical consulting, and construction services to clients in diverse markets. We anticipate major expansions to our Building and Code Enforcement Services in the Inland Empire, and Orange County areas in California , and we need talented Building Inspectors.
Our flexible staffing model means you get the flexibility you are looking for and the market-leading compensation, benefits and training you deserve.
The Building Inspector will perform field inspections and technical work in connection with the enforcement of ordinances and ICC Building Codes. In addition, the Building Inspector will complete work related to licensing, planning, zoning, and permitting as required and enforcement of municipal codes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• 5+ years of experience in all phases of modern construction practices and building codes
• 3+ years in code enforcement or property maintenance inspection
• The ability to perform field inspections of commercial and residential buildings to ensure compliance with International and local Building Codes and regulations
• Applies knowledge to detect structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing code violations or other building related code and ordinance violations
• Inspects projects during construction, alternation or repair to ensure compliance with applicable codes, ordinances and regulations
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to prepare, organize and communicate field data reports
• Computer proficiency and demonstrated knowledge of software programs, office equipment, and other tools utilized during field inspections
• The ability to set priorities, meets critical time deadlines, follow written and oral instructions, and handle business activities with discretion and integrity
• The ability to establish effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, contractors, architects, engineers, owners and the general public
• ICC Residential Building and ICC Commercial Building Inspection Certification
• ICC International Property Maintenance Code Inspector Certification, or the ability to obtain within six months of hire
• The employee must be capable of driving/operating a motor vehicle for company business, and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residence with a good driving record.
If you like the idea of working for a stable, but rapidly growing organization, we’d love to hear from you!
HR Green is proud to be an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.