Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Summary: The Building Maintenance & Facilities Technician will be responsible for addressing the needs of the Trinity campus and office services. This role will be responsible for minor maintenance repairs, receiving quotes from external vendors to correct problems, ordering supplies, and responding timely and prioritizing internal requests as they present themselves from various partners. In addition, this role will oversee the mail room in the morning to sign in packages and deliver to recipients as needed.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
* Coordinates, schedules and assists with facilities maintenance which includes minor plumbing, painting, drywall patching, replace/lay tile and electrical repairs, as well as janitorial, security, mailroom and cleaning services.
* Handles repair tasks on interior and exterior -- Solid handyman with good service records
* Provides oversight of any outside vendors and capital projects.
* Coordinates and monitors office supply inventory which includes coffee, cleaning, kitchen supplies, etc.
* Adheres to Offices Services budget and preserves cost control.
* Prepares capital request forms as needed for various onsite repairs or building enhancements.
* Assists with employee ID badge creation and maintenance.
* Assists with cubical and furniture installation.
* Supports mailroom by receiving incoming packages and delivers packages to various departments as needed.
* Partners with external vendors and internal employees to address or escalate concerns as applicable.
* Observe and perform procedures in accordance with company safety policies
* Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
I received a copy of the Job Description and can perform the essential functions of the position with or without a Reasonable Accommodation:
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
* Thorough understanding of building and facilities maintenance
* Foresight and ability to mitigate and fix building issues
* Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
* Ability to work in high volume, fast paced environment
* Ability to multi-task
* Proactive with regard to identifying potential maintenance risks or deficiencies
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Knowledge of general office machines and telephone system
* Basic understanding of OSHA guidance
* High degree of discretion when dealing with confidential information
* Strong professional presence
Internal and External Interfaces:
-Member of the Human Resources organization
* EVP, HR
* Director, HR
* Manager, HR
* Advanced HR Coordinator/Receptionist
* Consumer Care/Order Management
* Global Product Development
* Onsite Cleaning company
* Plumbing (Ridge Mechanical)
* HVAC (AC Corporation)
* High School diploma/GED preferred
* 3 -5 years in related field of building maintenance/facilities
* Safety & OSHA training
* Basic Electrical and HVAC training
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Fast-paced corporate office environment. Some stress may occur. Ability to lift up to 30lbs. Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results outlined herein.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled