Mt. Bachelor's mission statement is to deliver memorable experiences, enhance people's lives and have fun doing it! Our Building Maintenance team is committed to assist with all aspects of keeping Mt. Bachelor's buildings in working condition including lighting, plumbing, construction and general repair and replacement. Responsible for logging all maintenance, repair and inspections of buildings. Works with manager to develop schedules of repairs and maintenance for our staff and contractors.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
* Structural Maintenance -- perform structural repairs and installations, finish carpentry and match existing finishes. Coordinate building maintenance with department managers.
* Plumbing Systems -- repair and replace all toilets, urinals and flush systems; clean, repair, replace and monitor drains, sinks and grease traps; repair, replace and inspect faucets, drinking fountains and valves
* General Maintenance -- respond to department calls. Assist in ordering parts required to maintain all systems.
* Mechanical Systems -- replace and maintain equipment including fans, pumps, and motors. Service and repair elevators, dumbwaiters and snow melt systems. Diagnose, maintain and repair kitchen equipment. Maintain HVAC systems.
* Interior Maintenance -- patch, replace and repair damaged walls, ceilings and décor. Includes, painting replacing woodwork trim, replacing ceiling tiles, installing carpet tiles and Formica repair.
* Entry Systems -- maintain and adjust door closers, fit within the frame, locking devices and weather stripping
* General Shop Work -- maintain operating supply stock. Plan projects and assist in ordering the required materials from the proper supplier. Perform repair tasks as assigned. Maintain tools and keep maintenance shop clean.
* Daily Inspection -- look at repairs and determine the order of importance, log meter readings
* Coordinate with subcontractors and have any required work completed prior to the subcontractor arrival.
* Shovel Snow -- this is a ski resort and to keep our guests and employees safe we help keep access areas clear of snow.
Specific Job Skills:
License/Certifications- Valid and current Driver's License, able to obtain certifications including but not limited to drinking water/surface water.
Technical- able to learn new tools and equipment through verbal and visual instruction, moderate mechanical skill.
Physical Capabilities- This is a highly physical position, strength and enthusiasm are required; able to remain on knees for extended periods of time, flexible enough to reach tight spots.
Additional- Able to work alone and with other team members. Work on ladders and other high locations. The ability to be flexible in your job with rapidly changing priorities. Must be able to provide own basic hand tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled