Founded in 1981, Jones Lumber is the leading supplier of lumber and building materials to the South Florida markets with two locations in Fort Pierce and Boca Raton. We are looking for a full-time Outside Sales Representative at our Fort Pierce location. Jones Lumber is a division of US LBM Holdings.
Things you should know about working at Jones Lumber:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
How you will spend your days as an Outside Sales Representative:
- Build new relationships and support existing customers and contractors
- Partner with your customers by assisting them with product selection and communicating trends, new product releases, upcoming promotions, and delivery dates on purchases
- Prepare bids and material estimates from customer/contractor supplied blueprints
- Assist in collecting accounts receivables
- Prepare and input orders if necessary
- Informs company of competitive prices, products and area-related information
- Researches and orders special products as necessary
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- Monday - Friday schedule
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- We�ll support your educational and career goals with our continuous education programs
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Some college in Business preferred or equivalent in experience
- 2+ years of sales experience in a building materials or construction related industry
- Knowledge of various product lines and procedures, capable and comfortable quoting prices, and presenting sales products in a positive and confident manner
- Ability to read blueprints, complete take-offs, and provide estimates on material needs
- Excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills; you�re a team player
- Maintain and enhance positive customer relations
- Organized, attentive to details, and sound math skills
- Computer literate, knowledgeable of MS Office products, and able to quickly pick up proprietary software
- Clear and valid driver�s license
If you are a motivated individual looking to join a great team, we hope to hear from you soon!