The Building Security Officer is responsible for the security of the Vivint Smart Home Arena and the Smiths Ballpark. This person will patrol the building during specified shifts to ensure the building is secured. This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week, 5 days per week from 4:00 p.m. to midnight.
* Patrol areas at regular intervals to ensure that the properties are secure and safe
* Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences
* Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
* Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, furnace, or boiler
* Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed
* Be respectful of our guest's and employee's property during screening and searches
* Be proactive and friendly in connecting with guests and employees
* Be responsible for ensuring all guests and employees are aware of arena policies as they pertain to safety
* Assist with crowd flow
* Assist guests in emergency situations, which could include medical or evacuations
* Assist guests with special needs
* Monitor safety and security conditions in the area
* Enforce arena safety and security rules and policies
* Complete required training successfully
* Other duties as assigned
* Be a student, be a teacher, be a leader
* Be a good teammate, contribute positively to a winning culture, and be respectful
* Demonstrate world-class customer service and if you don't directly interact with the customer, support those that do
* Protect the legal, financial, and moral wellbeing of the company
* Exemplify the Larry H. Miller Group of Company values
* Must be comfortable searching bags and a person's body respectfully and efficiently
* Must be able to take objections and respond with a guest service approach first
* Must be able to follow verbal and written direction
* Able to work flexible hours (evenings, weekends and holidays)
* Possess reliable transportation
* Strong verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other employees
* Maintain a professional appearance as set by Vivint Smart Home Arena management
* Must have access to a computer with internet access and remain proficient in its use
* Ability to stand for the entire shift (55% Standing/Walking, 45% Stair Climbing)
* Frequent climbing of stairs, moving of barriers and boxes of handout materials up to 25 pounds.
* Must stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or twist; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle, grasp or reach with hands and arms.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Majority of duties are performed in-house under controlled temperatures; some positions are located in inclement areas or outside on Vivint Smart Home Arena property
* This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally
* This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess
* The person must be able to sit for long periods of time
* This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled