We are looking for a Building Superintendent. The position is located in Jersey City, NJ . The Building Superintendent will be responsible for tenant relations, performing/coordination of repairs, cleaning, maintenance, and upkeep of the property.
Job Responsibilities include:
- On a regular basis, reviews and ensures that condition of the building, as well as apartments, are maintained in appropriate condition, to ensure compliance with lease and legal requirements.
- Recommends and implements procedures for improving property operations and performance and for correcting potential problems (preventative maintenance).
- Prepares vacant apartments for rent.
- Shows vacant apartments to prospective tenants.
- Meets with Property Manager on a bi-weekly basis to discuss concerns or problems, as well as to update the Property Manager on building operations matters.
- Handles all building service breakdowns and assesses repair conditions at sites, including communication with residents. Notifies the Maintenance Department to arrange for repairs.
- Inspects completed repairs.
- Notifies Management of any potential or present violations or related matters in the building, and recommends suggested follow-up or resolution where possible.
- Supervises contractors performing repairs at the property.
Job Requirements include: ·
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience in residential real estate.
- Strong technical knowledge in Electrical, Carpentry, Plumbing, HVAC, Building Systems, or related fields
- Excellent general administrative and management capabilities
- Good technological skills (Email, Text, Smartphone use, etc.)
- Good verbal communications skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
free 1 bedroom unit + $300/week.