The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Building Trades Assistant on the Gainesville campus. The Building Trades Assistant will assist the building maintenance skilled trades team in maintaining and installing card access, cameras, making keys, and general building maintenance for UNG Facilities South.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
The Building Trades Assistant will:
- Install and maintain card access devices and cameras which include pulling wiring above ceiling and in storefronts. Maintain card swipe equipment, alarm devices, door alarms and Electronic Access databases. Preform scheduled routine preventive maintenance on emergency call boxes and a variety of equipment by inspecting, adjusting and calibrating equipment.
- Make and issue keys as needed. Assists on maintaining Master Key Systems by keeping accurate records. Installing, Maintaining and Repairing different types of building locks including cylindrical, mortis, rim, panic hardware, door closers, ADA operators. Repairing locks on desks, file cabinets, display cases and similar furniture.
- Work with Skilled Trades teams in general maintenance.
- Use the school dude maintenance and PM system to receive work requests.
- Install Electrical and Low Voltage devices in all areas of Building Maintenance
- Must have general knowledge of the building maintenance trades with ability to perform physical labor to include but not limited to lifting, pushing/pulling objects up to 50 pounds, climbing and working from ladders and performing manual labor tasks for extended periods.
- Ability to work with power tools
- Ability to follow instruction and learn to read plans and drawing
- Good communication skills
- High School Diploma or GED; college or tech school preferred
- Two years of building maintenance experience required.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.