Jason's Deli is looking for Part-Time and Full-Time Bus and Dishwashers.
Discounts on Food
The Bus Person and/or Dish washing Person sets-up the restaurant and gets it ready it for lunch or dinner. During the shift the bus person clears tables off and wipes the tables and chairs down, and sweeps the floor. The dish person uses a dish washing machine to wash the dishes as well as pots, pans, and other utensils used by the employees and customers.
Education: It is preferred the applicant be enrolled in high school or a certified G.E.D. program or have their high school diploma or G.E.D.
Experience: Unless currently attending high school, college, or a technical or vocation school, qualified applicants preferred to have at least six months work experience.
Skills: Qualifies applicants must be able to memorize the daily routine of job tasks to be performed, must be able to communicate effectively, and must be able to perform basic math including addition and subtraction.
Health: An applicant who is currently infected with or has knowledge that they are currently infected with a communicable disease which has been determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services as one which is transmissible to the public through the handling of food will not be considered as a qualified applicant. An Applicant must comply with the applicable city Department of Health regulations as well as Jason’s Deli’s dress code policies.
Essential Job Functions:
- The ability to stand for extensive periods of time.
- The ability to bend over, reach upwards or outward, twist, turn around, and climb up on ladders in a timely fashion, and push a cart.
- The ability to perform a variety of tasks at a very rapid pace.
- The ability to perform job tasks repetitiously at a very rapid pace for extended periods of time.
- The ability to work in an environment with temperature fluctuations.
- The ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- The ability to understand and to follow directions.
- The ability to use equipment including knives, meat slicers, the robocoupe, buffalo chopper, drills, mixers, can openers, scales, and dish washing machines.
- The ability to lift very heavy objects with or without assistance.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Clearing tables and wiping tables, booths, and chairs at a very fast pace.
- Setting up the deli for lunch, cleaning up and re-setting the deli after the shift, closing down the deli after the dinner shift.
- Stacking dishes on dish racks and running them through a dishwashing machine, then restocking shelf and counter areas with stacks of dishes at a very fast pace.
- Cleaning projects which will require using chemicals to clean all areas in the deli, including sweeping and mopping, and scrubbing all floor areas including moving equipment in order to scrub behind and underneath it, cleaning and wiping counters, walls, pictures, cabinets, and other artifacts, cleaning and scrubbing equipment including slicers, the robocoupe, choppers, drills, knives, can openers, ovens, pots and pans, walk-in coolers, scales, racks, and holman ovens, and taking trash out and emptying it in dumpsters.
- Performing maintenance duties including standing on ladders to change light bulbs, to clean air vents, and to clean ceiling tiles, as well as other items.
- Daily organizing of products including lifting heavy orders of product, putting up heavy orders of product in the walk-in cooler and other storage areas, re-arranging product in the walk-in cooler and products at other display locations, arranging items in cabinets.
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
- Food preparation including the cutting, grating, and/or slicing of fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses, breads, desserts, and party trays.
- Food service positions including taking orders in person or by telephone, cashiering, making sandwiches, chip & pickling, catering, expediting, swinging, running the end, running the oven, preparing drinks, preparing orders to go, restocking the salad bar, making food runs, and floating in all positions.
Statement of Performance:
The General Manager and his or her Assistant Managers will evaluate a new employee during the ninety-day introductory period. After the introductory period, the General Manager and his or her Assistants evaluate performance on an on-going basis and salary increases are given at any time, as determined by the General Manager.
Statement of Totality:
This position will include any and all other essential and secondary duties assigned by management to ensure the proper functioning of operations in the deli. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.