Bus Drivers needed in Grand Junction, CO.
Transdev, the Operator of Grand Valley Transit (GVT), is actively hiring bus drivers for their fixed route and para-transit service, in Mesa County, CO. We are looking for safe, friendly drivers to help passengers move around the Grand Junction, Palisade, Clifton, and Fruita areas. Come join the largest private-sector operator of public transportation in North America; one that cares about its employees, passengers and their communities!
How we are keeping our employees and customers safe:
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
Why Drive With Us?
- $750 Sign-On Bonus! $250 paid after completing training; $500 paid after completing probationary period
- New improved pay rates ranging from $13.39-17.60 per hour, depending on seniority*
- We offer paid training to help you obtain your CDL
- Paid health benefits, along with flexible work schedules
- Ability to advance your career
- Drive a transit bus and transport passengers around Mesa County in a safe and courteous manner
- Greet passengers, ensure fare payment and maintain a safe environment
- Notify dispatch of any incidents, accidents, mechanical concerns
- Other duties as required
- Be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- A valid drivers’ license in good standing with the ability to obtain a CDL permit
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills
- Punctual with an emphasis on attendance
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit and shuttle services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe, sustainable, and innovative mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and contribute to a more sustainable environment.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or (970) 256-7433.
*May change based upon local Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.