Bus driver must have a good driving record and hold a commercial driver's license with the proper endorsements. Obtaining a commercial driver's license requires passing a written knowledge test and a skills test demonstrating that they can safely operate a bus.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The employee has primary accountability to:
Transport students on trips requiring a Newman bus.
- Maintain assigned bus. (Includes cleaning, sweeping, checklist, and track mileage
- Perform weekly maintenance inspectionsof the bus.
- Reportany bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Checkthe condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights,oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is inworking order.
- Complywith traffic regulations in order to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Followsafety rules as students are boarding and exiting buses, and as they cross streets near bus stops.
- Readmaps, and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Maintain order among pupilsduring trips, in order to ensure safety.
- Make minor repairs to vehicles.
The employee has shared accountability to:
- Make bus trips as scheduled.
- Move buses from parking lots.
- The employee must be able to work alone without supervision.
- The employee must have good verbal communication skills and works well under pressure.
- Must be able to interact effectively with a large number of people of various ages and needs.
- Perform all assigned tasks in aprofessional and timely manner.