The following are eligibility requirements for employment as a School District of Pickens County bus driver:
- Be a US resident at least 18 years of age and have at least 12 months of driving experience;
- Have no more than 4 points against driver's license within the last 12 months;
- All applicants are subject to a SLED check of criminal history and any other checks required by law or deemed necessary by the employer;
- Have a valid South Carolina driver's license;
- Successfully complete a school bus driver's training class of 20 hours and successfully pass a physical performance test and DOT Physical.
- All Bus Drivers are required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and will be subjected to random drug and alcohol testing.
Drivers are responsible for obtaining a South Carolina Department of Transportation physical and proof of a clear tuberculosis test completed within the last 12 months. Copies of the applicant's official birth certificate, Social Security card, and driver's license are also required.
Pre-registration is required by filling out the first three documents listed below under "Required Documents for Bus Drivers". Attach a copy of your current driver's license and return to Transportation Services on the Thursday prior to class once you have been contacted after applying through the district website.
http://www.pickens.k12.sc.us/departments/human_resources/joining_our_team_/bus_drivers/ (This is the link to the page that will give the hyperlink to each of these forms)
- Application for Prospective Bus Drivers
- Driver Information & Evaluation
- School Bus Driver Training and Admission Record
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Checklist
- Bus Driver Application and Licensing Procedure
Class participation in no way implies guaranteed employment with School District of Pickens County.
If you have any questions or would like to come to our next class, contact SDPC Student Transportation Services at 864-397-1165 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bus Companions ride on special needs buses to assist bus drivers with the students. This is a temporary position without insurance or retirement benefits. Qualifications for a bus companion include:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- A Work Keys Certificate with at least a Bronze level or complete a bus driving training class.
- Be able to pass a physical performance test
- All applicants are subject to a SLED check of criminal history and any other checks required by law or deemed necessary by the employer
- Proof of a clear tuberculosis test completed within the last 12 months.
- Copies of the applicant's official birth certificate, Social Security card, and driver's license are also required.
- Application for Prospective Bus Companions
Andrea Morton, Transportation Safety Supervisor
School District of Pickens County
1400 Griffin Mill Road
Easley, SC 29640
864.859.8543 - Fax
All candidates must be able to pass an extensive background investigation before being hired.
The School District of Pickens County does not discriminate for reasons of age, race, sex, handicap, national origin, or religion in its communications with students, employees, the community, applicants for employment, events, or for access to its services.