Transportation Services Office
WORK SCHEDULE: 10 Months
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt/Support StaffWage Schedule - Grade I
Operates buses of the Sahuarita School District for the sole purpose of transporting students and other persons to and from educational activities. Regular attendance is necessary to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Drives school bus on scheduled routes and maintains accurate information pertaining to stop times and locations;
- Picks up school children and transports them to and from school;
- Transports children on educational field trips and transports band, athletes and others on out-of-town trips;
- Maintains order among the passengers and supervises their behavior;
- Prepares student conduct reports, as needed;
- Administers first aid, when necessary;
- Keeps interior and exterior of bus clean and neat;
- Performs daily pre-trip duties as outlined in the Commercial Drivers License manual and department guidelines;
- Checks bus constantly for mechanical defects and needed repairs and reports these to appropriate supervisor;
- Keeps daily record of gas, oil, mileage and number of children transported;
- Maintain bus route as it pertains to bus stop locations and times;
- Exhibits patience, courtesy and tact when dealing with others;
- Performs related duties as required.
ALL TRAINEES AND BUS DRIVERS ARE REQUIRED TO PASS MANDATORY DRUG SCREENINGS THROUGHOUT EMPLOYMENT.
A. REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred;
- Bus Driver trainees must possess a valid Arizona driver's license;
- Possession of an Arizona Class B Commercial Driver's License (not required of Bus Driver Trainees at initial hire);
- Must meet all Arizona School Bus Driver requirements (not required of Bus Driver Trainees at initial hire);
- Must be able to meet requirements of Arizona Department of Public Safety Physical Performance Test (not required of Bus Driver Trainees at initial hire);
- Two years of previous experience driving a school bus is desired;
- Arizona Class B CDL is desired.
- Must obtain and maintain an IVP fingerprint card.
- Must be able to meet requirements of Arizona Department of Public Safety Physical Performance Test.
- Willingness to perform as an integral member of a successful team;
- Dedication to providing the highest level of service;
- Adherence to policies and procedures.
- TIME MANAGEMENT: Job involves routine work with minimal planning required;
- STRESS MANAGEMENT: Minimal stress, with some deadlines;
- PUBLIC CONTACT: Interacts primarily with students and the general public;
- LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible for district equipment (vehicles).
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Director of Transportation
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply Online. To view similar jobs, and for more information on our District, please go to: www.susd30.us