Bus Driver, Substitute
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
SALARY/STATUS: $14.00 Per Hour / Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Children's Programs, the Bus Driver (Substitute) is responsible for transporting participants of the youth programs by a 13 passenger van. The position may fulfill other duties at the J in their extra time, taking on work as maintenance staff or program aides.Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Medical Examiner's Certificate required.
- Must comply with all Class: D, Endorsements : F
- Ability to operate on a specified time schedule in varied and complex topographical, weather, and urban traffic conditions.
- Knowledge or laws and regulations governing pupil transportation.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance.
- Integrate Character Development values (caring, responsibility, respect, and honesty) when interacting with children, staff and parents and be a role model with those values.
- Sufficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate and preparing written reports.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crawling and bending.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Abilities to safety operate the bus in different weather conditions.
- Be available to drive on a short note. .
- Ability to do light lifting.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please reply with your resume. NO PHONE CALLSAgency Information:
A substitute driver for
Stamford JCC1035 Newfirld Ave, Stamford CT 06905.
Mostly after school pickup, Transport a nursery school children and to J, occasional trips to variety of places in CT or NY, Senior pickup and take them to their home places.