This position will provide driving support to Proterra’s Validation team. You will be responsible for driving engineering buses on closed track tests, public road test, mileage accumulation routes, and durability track testing.
About the Role – You will:
- Follow all Safety policies and work in a safe orderly manner; report any and all unsafe conditions to management. Monitor and elevate any unsafe driving conditions or situations while on track.
- Drive engineering buses on closed track tests, public road test, mileage accumulation routes, and durability track testing
- Reporting and documentation
- You will be responsible to report and document any defects as VCR’s into computer system.
- Provide status updates verbally and digitally on mileage accumulation status
- Compile report of driving activities.
- Vehicle faults and software status checks with computer-based tools
- Understand and follow all DOT rules, regulations, and permit knowledge.
- Maintain proper DMV license to drive buses and current medical card; drive safely and obey all traffic laws.
- Follow instructions given by management and report results to include driving defined routes and sequences.
- Inspections: This position will require support the validation manager in the following areas
- Track inspections and inspection records
- Engineering vehicle inspections
- Manufacturing license plate inventory and status
- Engineering vehicle location tracking
- As this role is a member of the Validation team travel supporting offsite validation activities may be required. All travel will be planned in advance.
- Will be the primary person responsible to ballast buses to simulate passengers.
- Support validation team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
About Our Group:
- The validation team’s responsibility is to ensure that the next generation product is a proven product prior to production as such this role is a key role in ensuring the success of our products.
- As strategic partners, the Validation team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest level service and support to our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
- You will report to the Manager of Validation and Test and collaborate with other validation and engineering team members located in Greenville, SC.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and diligent.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent English communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Class A CDL with Passenger endorsement, clean driving record
- Clean DMV record.
- Physical Demands:
- May work various shifts as needed; may be requested to travel to different locations.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds.
- Able to walk, stand, crouch, bench, kneel, lift, carry and reach as needed in large and tight spaces.
- Good eye/hand coordination and ability to identify color variations, depth perceptions and close or distance visual items.
- Manual dexterity with occasional repetitive finger motion.
- Environmental Demands:
- Ability to drive a vehicle over durability events including but not limited to potholes, rumble strips, frame twisters, water pits, high speed (65mph) ovals, grades (20-25%) with confidence.
- Ability to work and drive in test environments with extreme heat and cold conditions with potentially impacted driving conditions like snow, sleet, ice, low friction surfaces etc..
- Wear protective clothing
You might also have:
- Land-all, flatbed and heavy equipment hauling experience
- Mechanical or electrical aptitude or interest
Travel: 0 - 20%
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description