The Valley Park School District has immediate openings for School Bus Drivers. We are seeking individuals interested in a professional School Bus driver career to provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation of students. Our district offers competitive wage compensation and a generous benefits menu including state retirement, health insurance to full-time employees, and training.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent 2 years of job-related experience preferred
- Have or be able to obtain a CDL with bus driver and air brake endorsements
Essential Job Functions include the following:
- Transports students of all ages to and from school and extra- curricular activities in a safe and timely manner
- Manages student behavior and maintains discipline on the bus Conducts and logs pre-trip inspections to check for cleanliness, safety, proper mechanical functions and adequate fuel level Conducts trip inspections after each run to check for vandalism, cleanliness, lost articles, and sleeping children
- Maintains and tracks route data as mandated by school and state regulations.
- Reports mechanical problems to Lead Bus Driver
- Maintains the confidentiality of students' discipline and medical records.
- Conducts safety drills with students as required by the district Interprets routes and maps and anticipates and analyzes road conditions and hazards
- Attends safety and compliance meetings and workshops and trainings as requested
- Other duties may be assigned
Compensation: Hourly Rate: $16.50 (COMPENSATION FOR EXPERIENCE IS CONSIDERED)
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Package. District provides the employee with Medical, Dental and Life Insurance coverage.
Optional: Vision and dependent coverage is available at employee's expense.
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Please understand in order to be considered as a candidate you must complete all steps in the application process.
To Apply, please visit: https://valleypark.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx