Provides supervision on school buses to ensure the safety of students with special needs. Provides assistance to the bus driver in loading and unloading students who are in wheelchairs or who cannot use the bus steps.
High school diploma or GED
Ability to work well with children with disabilities
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Communication and interpersonal skills
Prefer some experience in working with children and parents
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Monitor the safety of students with disabilities on school buses.
2. Assist in loading and unloading students from school buses.
3.Assist the bus driver in emergency situations.
4. Assist a substitute bus driver in following the established bus route.
5. Administer first aid to students on buses as needed.
6. Record information on students' pick-up and drop off times.
7. Remain with a student at the transportation office until parents pickup student.
Uses wheelchair lifts, ramps, and other equipment as required. Pay Family: 04
Pay Grade: 01
Salary: Hourly Wage $10.40