GoTriangle is the regional public transportation provider, offering a wide variety of fixed route, paratransit, and vanpool services to NC's Triangle Region and outlying counties. We serve Apex, Cary, Chapel Hill, Durham, Garner, the RDU International Airport, RTP, and Raleigh.
We currently have multiple openings for Bus Operators in the GoTriangle region. Bus Operators are responsible for transporting passengers over specified distant points according to a set time schedule, and involves the ability to operate the assigned vehicle in a safe, reliable, and professional manner while being courteous, patient, and helpful to all passengers.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Abiding by all safety and traffic regulations/laws as well as company policy/procedures.
- Properly completing all required paperwork to include manifests, pre/post-inspection checks, accident reports, and other applicable forms/reports.
- Using sound judgment in following dispatch instructions, being able to recognize, create, and follow logical sequences for pick- up and drop- off of passengers in an efficient manner.
- Attending training classes with successful completion.
- Answering passenger questions politely and accurately, to include questions about service area, eligibility requirements, and fares.
- Ensuring passengers' ride is comfortable and safe.
- Providing assistance to individuals as needed.
- Knowing and abiding by all federal transit requirements.
- Keeping current on the operation of all service routes.
- Fueling and cleaning vehicle as required.
The successful candidate must have be able to obtain a CDL Class B with a passenger endorsement and be able to maintain a DOT card. Candidates who currently possess a CDL will be given priority. This position requires six years driving experience, possession of a good driving record, and the ability to drive in all types of adverse weather. Because we provide an integral service to the public, our operators are expected to report to work during Adverse
Weather conditions and work split shifts. Prior bus or heavy vehicle driving experience preferred. All successful candidates must first pass a drug screening and criminal background check.
Hourly pay starts at $13.00 during the initial 60 day training period, after which starting pay will increase to $15.00 per hour. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer a comprehensive benefits package.