(Territory includes Long Island, Flushing, Astoria, and Jamaica)
Alnylam is the industry leader in the translation of RNA interference (RNAi) into a new class of innovative medicines with the potential to address the unmet needs of patients with debilitating diseases. Founded in 2002, Alnylam was built upon a bold vision of turning scientific possibility into reality, and is now advancing a robust pipeline of investigational RNAi therapeutic medicines, including five programs in late-stage development. Alnylam currently has two commercial RNAi therapeutic products. The first product is approved in the U.S., EU, Canada, Japan, and Switzerland for the treatment of the polyneuropathy of hereditary transthyretin-mediated (hATTR) amyloidosis in adults and the second product is approved in the U.S. for the treatment of adults with acute hepatic porphyria (AHP). Alnylam also has a deep pipeline of investigational medicines, including five product candidates that are in late-stage development. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Alnylam employs over 1,300 people in 18 countries and is rapidly growing globally, with additional offices in Norton, Mass., Maidenhead, U.K., Zug, Switzerland, Amsterdam, Netherlands, and Tokyo, Japan. Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work five years in a row (2015-2019), a Great Place to Work in the U.K. and Switzerland in 2019 and Science Magazine’s #1 Top Employer in 2019. Please visitwww.alnylam.comfor more information
We are looking for experienced Business Account Executives (BAEs) with rare disease experience to promote ONPATTRO (patisiran) in the U.S. ONPATTRO was approved in August 2018 by the FDA for the treatment of the polyneuropathy of hereditary transthyretin-mediated amyloidosis (hATTR amyloidosis) in adults.
hATTR amyloidosis is a little-known condition in the United States and patients often spend years undiagnosed and misdiagnosed. There is an amazing opportunity to educate and enhance the market’s knowledge of hATTR amyloidosis.
The hATTR amyloidosis BAE (ON BAE) will be principally responsible for driving physician and patient identification, disease awareness, overall market development, and brand awareness within their ascribed territory. The BAE will be responsible for achieving territory targets and other business objectives through account and customer strategies, while also partnering & collaborating very closely with internal and external stakeholders to effectively manage all aspects of the regional business. The achievement of targets will be based in Alnylam values: our commitment to people, sense of urgency, passion for excellence, innovation & discovery, open culture as well as our unwavering commitment to integrity.
The position reports into the ONPATTRO (ON) Regional Business Director.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Drives physician and patient identification, market development in hATTR amyloidosis, and brand awareness by building and executing against a territory strategy and account specific plans. Continuously assesses sales opportunities within markets and accounts to maintain and grow their business.
- Effectively prioritizes and manages time, activities, and resources (people and financial) to optimize access to and development of accounts with the most sales potential.
- Builds and maintains relationships with physicians by maximizing their time through pre-call planning, leveraging insights to tailor a call plan, and conducting post-call analysis to continually refine and enhance their approach.
- Proactively builds effective working relationships with internal/external stakeholders; can drive agreement/decisions from multiple stakeholders; can read people’s emotions and flex communication style. Adjusts their approach based on different stakeholder needs, concerns, or audience member to drive alignment and meet their work goals.
- Effectively communicates and closely collaborates with stakeholders across commercial, compliance, legal, market access, and patient care centers to ensure access at site of care and that logistics are in place to administer ONPATTRO.
- Builds individual account plans for key accounts and physicians including how to approach those customers, achieve sales goals, and maximize sales results.
- Collaborates with key accounts and physicians to drive patient identification through market development and physician education; develop a territory strategy to retain customers.
- Executes programs, in-services, and in office presentations for their territory across multiple account types such as clinics and infusion centers.
- Routinely reports territory-level market dynamics and trends, including prescriber opinion and competitive activity, to manager and escalates to home office as needed.
- Demonstrates and upholds thehighest standards of integrity and compliance.
- Bachelor’s required: MBA/Science Degree Preferred
- 7+ years of progressive and visibly successful business experience in biotech or specialty pharmaceutical industry.
- 2 plus years of rare disease experience. Deep experience in Cardiology and Neurology are important and strongly preferred. Hematology knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Understanding and experience working with HUB patient services required.
- A successful track record in pharmaceutical sales/management and/or field reimbursement products that required significant payer and reimbursement involvement
- Must be familiar with relevant legal and regulatory environment in biotech/pharmaceutical industry and have ademonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity and to compliant execution
Buy and Bill, product launch experience is a plus including a working knowledge of government and commercial payers
- Experience in supporting biologic therapy administered by a designated health care provider a plus
- Experience in driving, leading and delivering upon territory-level cross functional business planning and influencing without authority
Thorough understanding of site of care identification, development and education
Understanding of patient services and specialty channel distribution is preferred
Hospital / Institution knowledge and expertise with pharmacy formulary processes
- Must be comfortable spending 60% of time traveling; some overnight travel required
- Driving is an essential duty of the job; candidates must have a valid driver's license to be considered
- Must live within 50 miles of the assigned territory
Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
Clear Alignment with Alnylam Core Values
- Commitment to People
- Innovation and Discovery
- Sense of Urgency
- Open Culture
- Passion for Excellence
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment. #LI- BS1