An expert in reporting, analysis, and metrics with exceptional leadership, communication, & teamwork. Typically assigned to larger, highly complex projects requiring independent decision-making. Partners with cross-functional teams and stakeholders on ideas and solutions that impact operational results.Consults with internal customers and external vendors to capture agreed-upon business objectives and processes. Performs research and fact-finding to create business requirements for development of end-user programs, operational procedures and support. Communicates these processes and their implications to technical and non-technical contributors to ensure that applications accurately meet business users' goals. Business Analysts create system requirements, collaborating with the design teams to determine that application, database, & other system impacts based on the requirements. The Business Analyst works closely with other members of the technical teams to ensure all requirements are addressed in the solution design.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Will write code to automate reports and templates and consolidate data into reports and knowledge.
- Review data with internal customer via Excel, PowerPoint, data visualization tools, etc.
- Data mapping, identification, and application of business rules to data sets and resolving varying data granularities.
- Facilitates meetings and presentations; including senior leadership.
- Transform raw data (structured and unstructured) into meaningful and useful analysis or new data structures for internal customer consumption
- Provide continued support for data structures and/or solution platforms delivered to internal customers
- Partner with and provide analytical support to teams across the organization
- Document existing data structures, data usage, and business requirements for past and ongoing data initiatives
- Manage data collection from internal customers, data review and quality checks of incoming data to ensure high quality data is used in database processing
- Communicate technical requirements to development teams
- Manage workstreams and priorities for internal projects
- Participate in internal customer interactions
- Identify project stakeholders, risks and benefits of alternate designs; document assumptions; assess project impact of system changes to users, internal and external customers
- Develop System Requirements (SRQs), including process flows and use cases
- Conduct SRQ reviews with project stakeholders and document consumers to ensure completeness and adherence to business requirements
- Consult with internal customers, cross-functional team members and external vendors to capture agreed-upon business objectives and processes to define system requirements
- Provide status reporting for project progress, issues, dependencies and risks
- 3 or more years of experience preferred in related field (i.e. database administration, production support)
- Requires strong knowledge of database and database management
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Must be able to translate technical findings to Executives in a manner that is easily understandable to those less experienced with analytics.
- Expert proficiency in MS Excel user required (VBA preferred)
- Expert proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in data visualization techniques required
- General aptitude for data manipulation and usage
- Experience with cloud platforms and cloud data solutions (APIs a big plus)
- Experience with reporting design, remote dashboards, and portal products
- Experience in data architecture methods and tools
- Process mapping experience preferred
- Data mapping experience preferred
- Excellent diagnostic skills to analyze and identify discrepancies within data sets and identify solutions
- Ability to communicate complex technical and abstract ideas to non-technical personnel
- Ability to actively engage in project requirement dialogue with non-technical personnel
- Ability to work on a problem from the analysis phase to the implementation of a practical solution
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams at varying levels
- Detail and accuracy oriented while still able to pull up and see the big picture
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. area with analytic focus such as Statistics, Quantitative Methods, and Mathematical Finance etc.).
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
- Advanced knowledge of statistics. Expertise in quantitative research methods.
- Six Sigma Blackbelt or Similar Analytical Capabilities
- Technology Focused Analyses (i.e. Engineering/IT/Network/Application performance)
- Strong ability to interpret data and develop actionable data-based recommendations to drive the business.