Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2,200 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than three decades of consulting to public sector clients to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
Business Analysts are the entry-level position in PCG’s consulting career ladder. They are expected to play a staff role in a wide range of work assignments that may include the following:
- Supporting project managers across multiple projects and clients and working with various project teams.
- Providing daily client and project support either onsite or via phone/email (as project experience and knowledge is gained).
- Supporting financial analysis and funding assessments for various clients including cost allocation plans, cost reports, and setting rates for public services.
- Learning PCG’s web-based technologies and supporting the project team through the customization process, implementation, training, and ongoing operational efforts.
- Supporting proposal development teams, including writing sections, coordinating efforts and preparing proposal submissions.
- Developing presentations for and attending conferences/seminars.
- Preparing and presenting written status reports. Supporting the team completing assessment documentation and recommendation reports for clients.
- Conducting policy and other research to support the project team and assist in preparing information briefs for both internal and client-facing use.
- Defining, documenting, and improving business processes.
- Gathering and analyzing a variety of data, including both financial and written policy/procedure information.
- Learning and performing tasks related to sales and marketing.
Travel (25% - 50%) and work over 40 hours per week is required. This is a salaried position. This position will be located in our office in Albany, NY.
- Excellent organizational, oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze and organize data.
- Ability to work both in a team situation and autonomously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, in particular SharePoint.
- Commitment to life long learning.
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace change.
- Understanding of professional business atmosphere.
- Software development and/or coding.
- Public Speaking.
- Sales and/or marketing experience or internships.
- Prior travel experience (domestic or abroad).
- Health and human services programs and/or Medicaid knowledge.
- Cost or government accounting.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- 1-2 plus years of relevant work experience in the fields of health care, government, or the consulting field.