At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
This position is responsible for being the subject matter expert for Contract Lifecycle Management platforms as supported by the Legal Operations and Shared Services portfolio. The Business Analyst provides complex analytical support through research, data gathering, interpretation and development of policies and procedures and reporting. Responsibilities may include documenting business requirements, creating case scenarios in the development of new or enhanced systems and analyzing, documenting, testing and assisting in the implementation. The Business Analyst will drive work-flow resolutions to complex operational issues while providing day-to-day process and operations support.
How you will make an impact:
- Serves as a functional team lead for small projects, releases, and other implementation including coordination of tasks, testing, and delivery of work from other groups and business areas.
- Leads conversations and facilitates discussions with vendor and technical resources to translate functional business requirements into technology solutions. Ensures successful delivery of requested work products.
- Works with business leaders, super-users, and end-users (customers) to develop and redesign the business capabilities provided by Contract Lifecycle Management platforms, including data flow analysis, system configuration, data setup, and recommendations to implement new features or functions.
- Develops system, regression, performance, test plans, scripts, and coordinates user acceptance testing. Provides guidance to business partners on QA best practices.
- Understands key software product development concepts including user group meeting facilitation, software development, project management, quality assurance, and software version control.
- Writes queries or custom reports as needed to analyze data issues, provide ad-hoc reports, or solve system issues.
- Researches and analyzes data to identify trends or potential issues. Develops plans and proposals to address issues.
- Participates in the development and management of project plans from project planning and design through testing, implementation and maintenance.
- Prepares written reports and verbal presentations summarizing project objectives, analysis, conclusions and recommendations.
- Communicates with and organizes division staff to meet project objectives.
- Develops scope statements for developing project plans to support best practices for change management in collaboration with business sponsor.
- Reviews and evaluates terms and conditions in contractual documents to ensure compliance with the Legal department’s approved templates and decision tree guidelines.
- Assures compliance with corporate procurement policy and process standardization initiatives.
- Leads/participates in negotiations with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Represents business/stakeholder interests by understanding and driving business needs and value to the implementation.
- Works closely with Business Solutions Leads and Architects to understand business strategy and respective execution.
What we look for:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education, training or experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of project management experience.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to evaluate business processes and recommend effective solutions.
- Strong organizational/time management and project management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience with both process and data-driven structured analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of Delta Dental products, policies, claims, eligibility and guidelines.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and communicate clearly in a professional manner, requiring strong organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as “remote,” the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance