WorkCare, Inc., is a U.S.-based, physician-directed occupational health company with global outreach.
Our mission is Protecting and Promoting Employee Health…from Hire to Retire. We believe Work Matters. Health Counts. Prevention Saves.
Our clinicians and industry subject matter experts deliver innovative, integrated employee health management solutions to employers in all types of industries. Our capabilities include medical exams and travel program management; 24/7 telehealth injury/illness triage; onsite services and clinics; consulting medical directors; absence and disability clinical support; and a full suite of COVID-19-related interventions. Our industrial athlete and bio-ergonomic surveillance programs are designed to prevent and manage work-related strains and sprains. WorkCare was established by an occupational medicine physician in 1984. Visit www.workcare.com to learn more.
Acts as the liaison between IT Department and the operational departments of the organization to communicate the requirements of Software development as needed. Performs analysis, testing and support of IT projects/systems/applications. Provides first level technical support and acts as a super-user, runs and compiles reports, performs data import/export, and administers databases as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as business analyst and works closely with business stakeholder group to not only understand the business requirements, but to also collaborate with these stakeholders to shape the requirements and solution in a way that meets the business objective and is consistent with the enterprise practices and architecture
- Creates and maintains all necessary documentation in support of this function
- Identifies business unit needs using various analysis techniques such as data flow modeling and workflow analysis
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, use cases scenarios, workflow analysis, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures
- Leads the effort to analyze and continually improve processes owned by the business unit
- Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Contributes to project discoveries, kickoffs, prepares proposals and statements of work following company standards as needed
- Coordinates and works with end-users, WorkCare programmers, vendors and consultants as needed
- Prevents and corrects defects; supports enhancements and makes changes to increase the value provided by the system
- Helps establish project test strategy, test plans as well as assist with test execution for quality assurance processes and oversees User Testing for business units
- Oversees and/or implements internal and external system data exchanges
- Determines software reporting requirements and creates, maintains, and modifies user reports as needed
- Escalates technical support issues as appropriate. Also acts as the primary liaison between the IT Department and technical support team
- Resolves user complaints, researches issues, answers technical questions, and assists with the application revision process
- Logs user complaints and determines ability of applications to perform requested tasks and meet user requirements
- Provides first level day to day technical support and acts as a super-user
- Provides on-call IT support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required, emphasis in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or comparable years of experience in computer hardware and network administration or in a related area
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Business Analyst
- Must have experience in managing data mapping/transfers/upload processes
- Must have expertise with the variety of off-the-shelf software for office productivity such as but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office applications
- Adobe programs
- Knowledge of structured query language and relational databases such as Access and SQL server preferred
- Must be able to learn other software as needed
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability of maintaining privacy and confidentiality
- Critical thinking skills; make independent decisions in accordance to company policy and procedures
- Take initiative on issues that arise daily
- Must be able to adjust and is flexible to meet changing work needs and demands
- Must have a strong customer focus, a demonstrated ability to work within a team of service-oriented individuals and a passionate commitment for extraordinary levels of service quality and customer satisfaction
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional approach with others in job-demanding, multitasking and/or project support situations
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have the ability to describe and present business ideas and concepts in a clear, concise and understandable manner to technical and non-technical individuals; the skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- The ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
This position requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Working under stress and use of telephone required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling and/or crouching. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Requires occasional lifting and carrying of computer equipment.