Business Analyst Associate
Arizona State University
BFIT Application Support
Serves as the liaison between the business organizations and the technology teams. Participates as a team member in projects related to PeopleSoft HCM application development. Assists with evaluation, analysis, and implementation of PeopleSoft HCM delivered functionality aligning with system user needs in the Payroll and Time Management area. Gathers information and writes requirement specifications, helps develop and execute test plans and assists technical staff to build and deploy technology solutions. Performs testing for PeopleSoft quarterly updates. Resolves customer support requests related to PeopleSoft HCM.
$52,000 per year
- Serves as liaison between the functional PeopleSoft HCM system users and the technology support organization.
- Participates as a team member in projects related to PeopleSoft HCM application development.
- Assists with evaluation, analysis, and implementation of PeopleSoft HCM delivered functionality aligning with system user needs in the Payroll, Benefits and Time Management area.
- Gathers information and write requirement specifications.
- Helps develop test plans for projects and PeopleSoft updates.
- Writes queries and perform data analysis.
- Performs testing for PeopleSoft HCM projects and quarterly updates.
- Resolves customer support requests related to PeopleSoft HCM.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or similar AND one (1) year experience in procedural, management or systems analysis work OR Five (5) years experience in procedural, management, or systems analysis work OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in Payroll and Time Management Systems required
- Experience in PeopleSoft HCM System upgrade and/or implementation
- Experience in a Higher Education environment preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational databases and tables structures, preferably PeopleSoft HCM
- Experience writing functional specifications for system modifications
- Experience documenting and mapping business processes
- Experience creating test plans and executing Unit and System testing and coordinating User Acceptance testing
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite skills including Visio
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in using analytical and problem solving abilities leading to problem resolution
- Experience in providing a solution design to project /development teams based on requirements gathered from customers
- Experience in troubleshooting Software and Configuration Issues
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
- This position receives regular review of objectives.
- Performance is measured on completion of project assignments and meeting departmental objectives.
- Must work on site in office because of the high degree of interaction with customers.
- Communicate to perform essential duties.
This section of the Business & Finance IT department, under the Financial Services Division, maintains and supports the PeopleSoft HCM system at ASU for recruitment, workforce management, payroll, time management, and benefits administration. We develop technology solutions using PeopleSoft delivered functionality and customization in alignment with the university's objectives.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; Business and Finance Information Technology department will not be a sponsor for this position.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 58079BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobid=3969946#jobDetails=3969946_5494
$52,000 per year