Business Analyst Associate
Arizona State University
DI Data Governance
ASU is the largest state university and has for the last 4 years in a row been recognized by US News and World Report as the most innovative university. The University Technology Office, (UTO) helps ASU create and maintain innovative technology solutions and services that advance learning and discovery at the University and is at the forefront of developing IT platforms and tools that add value to the student experience.
ASU is a data driven enterprise. Data governance is a critical component to the university’s effective use of data both to support analytics and to minimize the risks associated with data. Key to the ASU data governance program is the Collibra data governance platform and the data catalog the platform provides.
This position has primary responsibility for working with the ASU data community to develop the data catalog in the Collibra data governance platform. This includes facilitating the creation and maintenance of data glossaries by the data stewardship teams, contributing to the ongoing development of the Collibra data model, and the expansion of the Collibra data governance platform’s use through user training and other outreach efforts. We’re looking for a self-starting, action-oriented individual committed to the ASU data governance program.
Depends on experience
Develop and maintain the ASU data catalog including data dictionaries and glossaries, as well as inventories of other university data assets using the Collibra data governance platform.
Train users Collibra.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or similar AND one (1) year experience in procedural, management or systems analysis work OR Five (5) years experience in procedural, management, or systems analysis work OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Access database
- Experience in data analytics skills such as SQL Tableau, Hyperion or equivalent
- Evidence of effective written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of higher education administrative systems and related business principles, methods and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of forms design and procedures development
- Demonstrated knowledge of workflow/process flow diagramming and documentation
- Experience in analyzing complex problems
- Experience in creating conceptual solutions that are technically feasible within current system constraints
- Experience in performing effectively as a member of a team
- Experience in working in an environment subject to tight deadlines, potentially quickly changing and conflicting priorities
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (25%)
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals. This position receives regular review of objectives.
The mission of the University Technology Office is to provide technology leadership for the New American University. The UTO helps ASU create and maintain innovative technology solutions and services that advance learning and discovery at the University. Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU UTO will not be a sponsor for this position.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 58448BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=3976957
Depends on experience