Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Business Analyst to work at Fidelity in Boston, MA.
As part Strategic Advisers Account & Goal Platform Development Team, the Business Analyst Consultant examines business systems and processes to identify customer and user needs, documents requirements, validates developed features, and addresses operational improvement needs to lead implementation efforts as appropriate to accomplish business objectives. Will work closely with Director of Platform Development and technology team to create, prioritize, and maintain product backlog, as well as translate business requirements to technical resources to focus the team on delivering business solutions with the highest customer value. The successful candidate will be capable of executing in a fast-paced environment.
- Serve as a project driver and executer for various initiatives, working with project management, technology and other key business partner groups as appropriate
- Assist in ensuring that Strategic Advisers meets deliverables and makes decisions on time
- Working with Program Management teams to build and maintain feature-level product roadmap
- Mitigating impediments that may impact successful team completion of release/sprint goals.
- Communicates with internal and cross company partners to ensure teams are driving toward the necessary tactical and/or strategic solution to meet customer needs, communication status and buffers team from potential distractions
- Work with technology partners and key partners to develop and refine infrastructure roadmap, rationalize applications support; etc. across Strategic Advisers
- Represent Strategic Advisers interests and perspective in cross-company project teams
- Build positive relationships at multiple levels with key business partners; act as advocate for SAI throughout the organization
- Creation of product backlog according to business value
- Crafting drafts of epics and stories to seed product backlog to begin the refinement process
Education and Experience:
- Prior Business Analysis experience in Managed Accounts, systems development, product development and/or product/project management.
- Expertise in various business analysis methodologies and techniques, including data analysis, use case development, story writing, user acceptance testing, and product documentation.
- Strong agile / scrum background with a proven track record of working across multiple cross-functional global teams.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional® (CBAP®) certification, Certified Scrum Product Owner certification desired or 3+ years practical experience with Agile, Scrum and/or Scalable Agile Framework methodologies (SAFs)
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel
- Experience with Jira or similar Agile backlog management tool
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent consultative, listening, communication, and analytical skills; you can optimally and regularly lead, facilitate, and drive individual and group meetings
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills are detail-oriented, and able to understand complex customer needs and translate them into user stories with measurable acceptance criteria
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact, influence, and negotiate effectively with all levels of management and peers
- Customer-obsessed and have demonstrated a commitment to delivering frequent, high business value features
- Ability and desire to lead, direct, and empower team members without formal management authority
- Look for opportunities to innovate and take thoughtful risks to get the work done better and faster
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.