Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Business Analyst to work at Fidelity in Boston, MA.
As part of the Product Management team, the Business Analyst is responsible for contributing to the delivery of quality products to customers by understanding product strategy, industry trends and customer needs, developing business cases, defining business requirements, and supporting product development and deployment. This role will serve as a key advisor for the requirements process on complex projects within Fidelity Corporate Actions Solutions.
- Participate in multiple phases of the development lifecycle, from the initial analysis and business requirements definition through business acceptance testing and production implementation
- Serve as business lead on multiple projects of low to medium size and complexity, or a single project of high visibility, complexity or risk
- Understand sophisticated business issues, define creative solutions and document detailed business requirements
- Provide leadership through the understanding of the project life cycle and business needs; work closely with the project team to determine project tasks, estimates, deadlines, deliverables and interdependencies
- Partner with the Technology team to ensure a common understanding of requirements and acceptance criteria
- Ensure organizational readiness for new improvements and provide training where appropriate
- Determine business acceptance test strategy, prepare and execute test cases as needed
- Build business cases to find opportunities for new corporate action products, features or services based on customer needs and market conditions
- Partner with Sales and Relationship Management during consultative sessions with prospects and clients; provide subject matter expertise, product demonstrations and responses to RFI questions
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience in financial services
- Full corporate action lifecycle, including accounting system processing, and business analysis experience is required
- Experience with software development methodologies (Agile and Waterfall)
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven track record to analyze business systems and processes to identify user needs, document requirements, and address operational/process issues to accomplish business objectives
- Demonstrated experience in translating business requirements to technical resources (internal and external)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail, ability to work independently
- Strong communication, presentation and active listening skills are essential to success
- Ability to produce a variety of business documents that demonstrate organizational skills and clarity of thought
- Strong leadership skills, ability to influence and champion ideas effectively across multiple and diverse groups
Fidelity TalentSource, formerly Veritude, is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s diverse and inclusive workplace while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. For information about working at Fidelity TalentSource, visit FTSJobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.