Veritude is seeking a Business Analyst for Fidelity Investments. This position is based in Boston, MA.
FundsNetwork™ is the industry’s largest open-architecture fund “supermarket” platform. Fidelity FundsNetwork plays a critical role in providing Fidelity’s clients across PI, WI, and FI access to over 20,000 products managed by external asset managers. Fidelity’s clients hold nearly $2.5T in assets in FundsNetwork products.
The Strategic Programs & Analytics team works closely with FundsNetwork Relationship Management, Product Management, Communication, and Operations teams, as well as other business channels and external investment firms, to provide reporting, analytics, and strategic recommendations.
The primary areas of responsibilities for the Strategic Programs & Analytics team are:
- Lead FundsNetwork technology program efforts
- Provide robust reporting, analytics, and insight to external investment firms and internal business partners
- Develop and deploy strategic initiatives for FundsNetwork
- Lead process improvement and Scale & Efficiency efforts
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience
- 3-5 years of project delivery experience in a systems or business analyst role in an Agile team
- Successful track record delivering in an evolving environment
- Experience with project management in a technology / software development organization (e.g., Jira)
- Knowledge of Investment Management and distribution activities a plus
The Purpose of Your Role
We are seeking a dynamic individual with a consistent track record of collaborating with business partners, understanding business requirements, translating business requirements into system requirements, and making recommendations regarding system functionality. You will work closely with development teams, partners, technology leads, and agile teams to ensure successful delivery of program milestones and adherence of the deliverables to the product roadmaps. When necessary, the associate will help to lead smaller initiatives or improvements. The successful candidate for this role is also able to understand both the systems in addition to business needs to ensure optimal outcomes.
The individual in this role will be critical to driving the success of the FundsNetwork business and ensuring we’re delivering best-in-class capabilities to many of the top asset managers in the financial services industry.
The Skills You Bring
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented individual who utilizes time effectively and works well independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills; Ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems
- Excellent communication (written and oral), customer service and interpersonal skills
- Works well in translating complex business requirements to meet technical needs
- Exceptional collaborator and consensus builder
- Ability to process and manage multiple priorities and initiatives
- Works well in an Agile methodology environment
The Value You Deliver
- Work closely with FundsNetwork Product Owner and Technology team members to understand business needs, help write and groom user stories, provide input into backlog prioritization and sizing, and validation.
- Evaluates design of existing and in-development systems to judge their functionality, effectiveness, reliability, performance, usage maintainability and cost of ownership
- Ensure project and program solutions meet product roadmaps
- Collaborate with partners, technology leads, and agile teams
- Collaborate with other Fidelity business units and external vendors
- Collaborate with other FundsNetwork business and technology teams to identify program inter-dependencies, over-lap, and re-use opportunities
- Manage and/or deliver operational readiness documents, business process changes/improvements documents, and user training and materials
- Mentor and/or manage junior business analysts
- Balance scope, quality, effort, schedule, budget and risk at all times
- Assess user requirement information for accuracy and completeness