This person will be part of the Capacity Management team. The BA will respond to capacity augmentation requests by initiating fulfillment activities and tracking through completion and will assist the department manager in determining appropriate resources to fulfilling such requests. He/she will work with department management and various service management departments to develop capacity demand, resource utilization and availability dashboards and trends to proactively plan for capacity needs.
- Work with Global Operations Service and Network management to understand and satisfy capacity requirements.
- Use appropriate data sources to develop capacity dashboards / planning and fulfillment tools.
- Initiate procurement and deployment actions to fulfill capacity augmentation and reuse / retirement requirements
- Track and report Internet and external (backbone, peers, transit) circuit provisioning
- Keeping network circuits configurations consistent with internal standards globally.
- Keeping documentation and internal databases updated and prepare monthly provisioning report for group consumption.
- Keep monitoring systems updated during provisioning and changes.
- Ordering, cancelling and in general keeping track of cross connects across the network.
- Scheduling and provisioning upgrades and collaborating with network strategists on network capacity augments.
- Assist during new POPs build out and turn-up, in co-ordination with other internal teams.
- Provide inputs to engineering, architecture teams in defining new standards, architecture.
Experience and Education (minimums)
- Bachelor's Degree or two years relevant experience supporting business management in a technical area.
- Experience working on team that is responsible for large scale global distributed IT environment.