The Business Analyst works within Diamond Hill’s Information Technology team with a primary focus on CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system and related applications. The analyst’s day-to-day activities include but are not limited to: understanding current-state processes and technology; business requirements gathering and documentation; analysis and decomposition of complex business information into technical deliverables; process modeling; assisting with solution design, development, and testing; production of dashboards and other reporting; and tactical support and training for user base.
- Responsible for maintaining and driving continual improvements in the processes and technologies surrounding the CRM system.
- Serve as liaison between the business partners, end users, and technology team.
- Facilitate discussion with various functional groups to capture and prioritize business needs and requirements.
- Dissect, document, and articulate business processes to help the technology team understand the impacts and benefits of architectural/design decisions.
- Work with internal and external resources to identify potential solutions to meet business needs.
- Identify and monitor data quality controls within source and target systems.
- Design and produce scalable and extensible reporting solutions/visualizations.
- Provide daily support to end users, including request fulfillment and incident resolution via a group mailbox.
- Analyze system trends (e.g., data, performance, user behavior) to recommend enhancements that enable team members be more effective in their roles and work habits.
- Coordinate and participate in user acceptance testing of system functionality with various functional groups.
- Provide initial and ongoing training for end users.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the firm’s human resources policies, Compliance Program policies, Information Security policies, and various other policies and procedures as applicable.
- Responsibilities for each role outlined above are subject to change, and percentage of time allocated to each may vary as position evolves.
- 1-5 years of experience in a business analyst role.
- Experience working within the financial services industry preferred.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative discussions with stakeholder, leadership, and technology teams.
- Must be able to effectively communicate business needs and technical concepts verbally and in writing.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent planning and organization skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and react to changing priorities.
- Proactive and resourceful, with the ability to work independently and problem solve.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfort with learning new technology and desire/aptitude to deepen functional knowledge of CRM platform.
- Advanced proficiency with productivity tools including MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Visio.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or related field required.
- Willingness to complete CFA Institute Investment Foundations certificate to acquire a basic understanding of our business and industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Decisions on hiring and promotion are based only upon the individual’s ability to perform the job and dependability once hired. Race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, or ancestry, military/veteran status, tenure, genetic information, or disability are not considered in decisions of employment, benefits, or advancement.