Who we are:
Meridian, a WellCare Company, is part of a national network of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. As a part of the WellCare Family of companies, we deliver healthcare excellence to millions of members nationwide.
Our associates work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian associates enjoy an exceptional experience and culture including special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, and volunteer opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Business Analyst - PBM:
This position is primarily responsible for requirements gathering and analysis, impact assessment, and creation of business requirements and functional requirements documents. This position collaborates with business owners, subject matter experts, Delivery Leads, Architects, vendors, and other resources as needed on a regular basis throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC). This position is responsible for adhering to corporate SDLC standards. Secondary responsibilities include creation of process flows, design of screen mock-ups, participation in system design discussions, support of testing activities, and issue investigation and resolution.Responsibilities
- Participates in the work estimation process
- Documents and analyzes business processes and participates in business process improvement initiatives
- Facilitates joint application design (JAD) sessions
- Documents business and functional requirements, along with any additional artifacts, to define client needs/wants
- Performs data analysis as needed to support the development of required artifacts
- Manages business and functional requirements documents throughout all SDLC project phases
- Participates in logical design of system functional solutions with the technical team
- Creates screen mock-ups per functional design discussion and transfers these designs to functional requirements
- Facilitates communication between business owners and the technical team
- Establishes and maintains traceability between business and functional requirements and related artifacts in accordance with department guidelines and audit requirements
- Performs peer reviews of business and functional requirement documents inside current team
- Communicates regularly with Development and Quality Assurance (QA) teams to ensure accurate understanding and interpretation of requirements and related artifacts
- Participates in QA testing as necessary
- Assists with coordination of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as necessary
- Assists in the preparation and presentation of user training materials as necessary
- Provides post-implementation support including issue triage, analysis, and resolution
- Provides support during deployment of functionality to production environment as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or Fellow Designation from Academy of Healthcare Management (AHM) is required
- At least one (1) year of experience as an Analyst is required
- At least one (1) year of health care insurance experience is preferred
- Understanding of requirements analysis, process definition and modeling, and impact assessment is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of data structures such as relational databases, XML, fixed length, and delimited files is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of SQL query writing
- Ability to relate business and functional requirements to existing systems or operational processes
- Ability to facilitate meetings and give presentations
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously with moderate supervision
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide analysis of reported issues
What Meridian can offer you:
- Our healthcare benefits include a variety of plans that are effective on the first day of employment for our new full-time team members.
- Opportunity to work with the industry’s leading technologies and participate in unique projects, demonstrations, conferences, and exclusive learning opportunities.
- Meridian offers 401k matching that is above the national average.
- Full-time Meridian employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
- Meridian was named Detroit's #1 Fastest Growing Company by Crain's Magazine, so it is a great time to get involved with Meridian.
Equal Opportunity Employer