Business Analyst - Financial Planning
Office Locations: Rochester, Michigan / Stratford, Connecticut / Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Position Location: Near office locations; Remote flexibility (United States/East Coast)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Seniority: Mid-Level or Senior-Level
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a business analyst to join the OneStream Product Management team. The OneStream Platform contains complex multi-dimensional (OLAP), multi-server, multi-threading web and SQL technologies and is specifically designed to solve financial & operational business problems for large corporations. In this position, you will partner with our product managers and spearhead projects at the tactical level. You will also work with software engineers and quality assurance engineers at the sprint-level, to ensure they are provided with a consistent stream of work.
- Partner with stakeholder teams to develop necessary analysis and documentation in a collaborative way, while communicating effectively and efficiently with managerial and executive teams.
- Assist with the delivery of documentation and training materials to inform relevant stakeholders on new features.
- Evaluate, analyze and communicate systems requirements on a continuing basis.
- Organize and communicate business requirements from stakeholders to development teams.
- Test business processes and recommend improvements.
- Perform user acceptance testing and control policies.
- Conduct daily systems analytics to maximize effectiveness and troubleshoot problems.
- Develop meaningful and lasting relationships with partners for optimized systems integration and respond to questions and concerns from managers and executives with supporting research and recommendations.
- Consistently research ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer.
- Must be hands-on and willing to deeply learn the OneStream XF product and related MarketPlace Solutions.
QUALITIES OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Formal Education and/or certifications
- BA/BS Degree, or equivalent practical experience, preferably with exposure to software development, as well as Information Technology, Accounting or Finance.
Knowledge and Experience
- 5-10 (or more) years of experience in financial planning or software development life cycle activities such as analysis, requirements gathering, system design, testing and implementation.
- Ability to break down high level information into detailed user stories, use cases, and acceptance criteria.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex issues for large data sets.
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience working in an Agile environment while leading development teams.
- Proficiency with Visio, Draw.io, Lucidchart or any other flow chart software.
- Familiarity with tools such as JIRA, TFS, Trello, etc.
- Prior experience with CPM/ERP/CRM products and in-depth understanding of organizational data flow.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Able to multi-task.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Team player.
- Legally authorized to work for any company in the United States without sponsorship.
WHO WE ARE
OneStream Software is a privately held software company created by the same team that invented the leading financial solutions of the last decade. We provide a unified Corporate Performance Management (CPM) platform which enables the enterprise to simplify financial consolidation, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting for complex organizations. Our powerful extensibility enables the enterprise to deliver additional analytic solutions without adding any technical complexity. By delivering multiple solutions in one application, we offer increased capabilities for financial reporting and analysis while reducing the risk, complexity, and total cost of ownership for our customers. We are driven by our mission statement that every customer must be a reference and success.
We are equally fanatical about our OneStream family members (formally known as employees). We are a team in every sense of the word. Everyone here is approachable and excited to pitch in and help. We work hard and play hard. The right candidate is easy to get along with, always willing to lend a hand, excited about coming to work, and happy to contribute to the team. We have a casual dress environment and modern office spaces.
WHY JOIN THE ONESTREAM TEAM
- Transparency around corporate structure, salary, and benefits.
- Core value of customer success.
- Variety of project work (not industry specific).
- Strong culture and camaraderie.
- Multiple training opportunities.
Benefits at OneStream Software
OneStream employees are passionate, hardworking individuals who go above and beyond to keep our customers happy and follow through on our mission statement. They consistently deliver the best and, in turn, we make every effort to keep them cared for and happy. A sample of the benefits we provide are:
- Excellent Medical Plan.
- Dental & Vision Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Short & Long-Term Disability.
- Vacation Time.
- Paid Holidays.
- Professional Development.
- Retirement Plan.
OneStream Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.