At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
This Business Analyst I position is within the Risk, Ethics and Compliance department and is critical in establishing and monitoring risk registers & indicators, implementing corrective action plans, conducting risk assessments and evaluating the effectiveness of the company's control framework. This position includes supporting the development and implementation of control procedures and monitoring activities that support enterprise-wide risk management. The Business Analyst I will operate cross functionally and in areas with significant ambiguity and complexity from both a legal and operational frame of reference. This position offers great competency learning and personal growth opportunities.
How you will make an impact:
- Create and maintain risk register items in Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) system platform.
- Complete risk scoring and analysis and performs research for risk assessments and trend documentation.
- Analyze transactions, internal reports, and financial information for risk assessments.
- Develop relationships and partnerships with the business units for risk reporting and periodic risk attestations.
- Assist in the valuation of the effectiveness of the company's internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the company’s goals and objectives.
- Assist in providing training and technical support to management and employees regarding risk management strategies and programs.
- Develop in depth working knowledge of the GRC functional processes and Technology applications that support the risk management process.
- Research risk implications, draft risk assessments and perform analyses to frame risk discussions with business unit partners.
- Assist in creating risk training and providing GRC risk program technical support to management and employees.
- Research and draft documents to present legal and business options to facilitate discussion of compliance requirements.
- Assist in drafting risk project plans, coordinates project meetings and documentation, monitors and reports on progress.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance, economics, statistics, computer science and/or other related fields.
- 2 years experience in business management, risk, legal, healthcare regulatory analysis or compliance experience, business operations, or project management desired. (Comparable education or experience may be considered)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment to drive project initiatives and work with other analysts on the team.
- Preferred knowledge of technical analytical tools e.g. Tableau, Collibra, RSA Archer GRC.
- Drives to meet priorities in a methodical, organized way; proactively manages workload to anticipate and resolve conflicting deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, flexible and creative.
- Demonstrates personal integrity; acts ethically in all business interactions, internally and externally; consistently strives to do the right thing; follows through on commitments.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Critical thinking skills with a bias toward action and a "get things done" attitude.
- Open to change, ambiguity, and new ideas; can decide and act under guidance without having the total picture.
- Knowledge of project development life cycle a plus.
- Knowledge of risk management and healthcare regulatory processes a plus.
- Knowledge of risk standards like ISO, COSO, FAIR a plus.
- Knowledge of Delta Dental products, policies, claims, eligibility and underwriting procedures and guidelines, optional.
- Knowledge of health care- medical, vision and dental- and insurance industry issues is a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to travel as needed- minimal travel <5%.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development